Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Install issue - another component is using the com_dtdonate

Install issue - another component is using the com_dtdonate 16 years 4 months ago #290

• rewiz
  • rewiz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Upgrading from DTD 1.0 - I uploaded the renamed .xlm file per instructions and uninstalled the old component thru admin. However, I get "Another component is already using directory: "/home/makeitar/public_html/components/com_dtdonate/". I've gone thru all my links and just can't find what's pointing to this. How do I manually install the new files?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Install issue - another component is using the com_dtdonate 16 years 4 months ago #291

• rewiz
  • rewiz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks, but nevermind...after 3 hrs I finally found the culprits & eliminated them, thus leading to a successful installation at last. Whew! Wish there were an easier way to view all pieces of Joomla and their relationships vs. going thru each one and pulling one's hair out. If anyone knows a solution, I'd love to hear it!

Install issue - another component is using the com_dtdonate 16 years 4 months ago #293

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Sometimes, uninstalling components does not remove the directories they are in. When you get that message on an installation attempt, you need to manually delete the folders from the component that are there from a previous install. In this case, they are: /components/com_dtdonate /adminstrator/components/com_dtdonate

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds