• Velexia
  • Velexia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
This is part of the email from Authorize.net:

MasterCard and Discover are requiring that all merchants support the following:

+
Balance response transactions — For prepaid and gift cards, once the card has been used, the remaining account balance will be transmitted along with the authorization response. The remaining balance must be printed on the customer receipt, displayed on the Web page or point-of-sale terminal, or both.
+
Partial authorization transactions — When a customer's transaction amount exceeds the balance available on their debit, prepaid or gift card, instead of declining the transaction, a partial authorization for the amount available to the customer will be returned. This will allow the customer to pay for the remaining amount with another form of payment. This is called a split-tender transaction.
+
Authorization reversals — An authorization reversal is a real-time transaction initiated when the customer decides that they do not want to proceed with the transaction, or if the merchant cannot complete the transaction for any reason. Authorization reversals free up the customer's available balance on their debit, prepaid or gift card.

Does DT Donate and DT Register support these changes and fulfill the requirements needed to stay ok with the credit card companies?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Mastercard/Discover Processing Requirements 14 years 1 week ago #7416

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
As stated in other threads already... we are working to add these changes now. We'll release updates and notify all users soon. There is nothing to be concerned with however. All merchants actually have over a year before it will be officially required. We'll have it in place in the next week or two probably.

New Mastercard/Discover Processing Requirements 13 years 9 months ago #8302

• Velexia
  • Velexia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I've not received any email nor can I find any notice that says you've dealt with this issue. Has it been dealt with? What do I need to do?

Thanks bunches!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds