Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can Notification Email be sent every Recurring Donation?

Can Notification Email be sent every Recurring Donation? 12 years 10 months ago #13792

• ChosenPeopleMinistries
  • ChosenPeopleMinistries's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,

A "New Online Donation" notification is sent to our administrative e-mail address when a person initially signs up to make a recurring donation. However, no further e-mails are sent from DT Donate when the donations are actually made.

Is there any tweak in the code I can make to have DT Donate send a "New Online Donation" notification every time a recurring donation is made?

Thanks!
Shayna

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Can Notification Email be sent every Recurring Donation? 12 years 10 months ago #13809

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Well, this would be more than a tweak to the code :) DT Donate creates the Authorize.net or PayPal subscription payment... then from there it is out of DT Donate's hands. The payment processor handles the repeats. Of course, both the user and the admin will receive a payment receipt (from Authorize.net or PayPal) when each recurring payment is automatically processed. If you need someone else to receive those emails, you can work that out with the payment processor.

Can Notification Email be sent every Recurring Donation? 12 years 10 months ago #13813

• ChosenPeopleMinistries
  • ChosenPeopleMinistries's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Ah, I understand 8)

The issue is that there's a "Special Designation" field - in which the donor tells us how his/her donation should be used - in the DT Donate form. So for recurring donations, every time we receive the Auth.net notification, we have to go back and search for the original DT Donate e-mail in order to remember how that donor wanted their gift applied. I wanted to find a way to make it easier for the person who receives the e-mails so they don't have to do this every time!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds