Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Paypal Payment Received but no DT Register Registration created

Paypal Payment Received but no DT Register Registration created 9 years 3 months ago #24020

• paul_mcdonald
  • paul_mcdonald's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Has anyone else experienced users that have been through your event signup, paid online using paypal using payment options, but then no record is created in DT Register?

Is there a setting I should check in DT Register??

Joomla 3.3.4 and most up to date DT Register version.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Paypal Payment Received but no DT Register Registration created 9 years 3 months ago #24023

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
There are many posts in this forum about this potential issue. The things that could cause this are:

1) IPN must be enabled in the PayPal account along with sending of IPN messages.
2) Auto-return should be turned OFF in the PayPal account.
3) Site permissions must be correct, meaning 755 directories and 644 files including the directory containing your Joomla install and on down.
4) No security type restrictions (such as in .htaccess file) that keep IPN from being able to hit /components/com_dtregister/success.php
5) No login required to access the Joomla site

99% of the time, one of those items is the cause of an IPN failure. IPN is only needed when someone pays at PayPal, then chooses to NOT return to your site or closes the browser after making the payment. IPN is what notifies DT Register that the payment was completed. If that notification doesn't arrive, then DT Reg doesn't complete the record.

When the user clicks and returns to your site, IPN is not needed and the record is created without the need for that notification.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Paypal Payment Received but no DT Register Registration created 9 years 3 months ago #24026

• mregan
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
While Nathan is probably correct that most problems are due to IPN setup issues, not all of them are. We have a relatively consistent failure rate of around 1%. All of our IPN values are setup correctly. I've looked in the IPN log for the failed transactions and they show that DT Register did acknowledge the response but no record was created.
Hopefully, this will be fixed one day. It is our biggest issue with DT Register.
Mike Regan

Paypal Payment Received but no DT Register Registration created 9 years 1 week ago #24394

• shootfast
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
mregan, where did you find the IPN log? Is this a PayPal thing (I looked in my PayPal account and couldn't find it) or is it a dtregister thing?

Thanks in advance for the insight, it's much appreciated.

Paypal Payment Received but no DT Register Registration created 8 years 10 months ago #24517

• nbora
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
First of all DT Register is a great product except for this one issue which is causing me to consider purchasing a different solution. I have a number of paypal registrations that do not create a record even though paypal has received the payment. I would think a simple solution would be to record the data then send off to paypal, if for some reason the response does not comeback it can have an unpaid status but to not even create the record is a pain. Any one have a hack to store the data before sending user to paypal??

Paypal Payment Received but no DT Register Registration created 8 years 10 months ago #24518

• shootfast
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
nbora, I've had (and so have many others on the forum) this same issue. I actually asked for this same functionality a few years ago, to have the record created so there was an easy way to reference the registration whether it was paid for or not. Unfortunately it still isn't a feature of DT Register but it would sure be nice if it was added (please someone be listening to this).

It is possible to get the information that you are looking for by combing through the phpMyAdmin records but it isn't pretty and I haven't found a way to actually turn one of these records "on". The only way to make it active is to take the information and create a new registration from it. It's tedious, but doable.

Here's to hoping there is a better solution soon. Or the best solution of all, which would be for all registrations that are paid for to show up in DT Register.

Last Edit: by shootfast.
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds