• Page:

TOPIC: Newbie Questions

Newbie Questions 9 years 9 months ago #23558

• NTM
  • NTM's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am BRAND NEW to DT Register. It was recommended to me by a fellow webmaster that uses it for a similar purpose: registering for an annual event for an organization. The site is Joomla v3.3.1, which is the latest version as of this post. It is a new install and has never had DT Register installed before.

The manual that is available shows version 2.7, not the current, 3.09. Is there a newer manual available? Same question with the video channel. The videos all seem to reference either version 2.X or 1.X of DT Register. I prefer manuals myself and would prefer an updated one over watching a bunch of videos, but a good, basic primer of all the pieces would be good!

Thanks! I look forward to learning more!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Newbie Questions 9 years 9 months ago #23562

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Hello! Sorry, but the manual is NOT current. HOWEVER... it will still help a lot as the core functionality is essentially the same. There's just a lot more to it now. Many of the videos are old, but some are newer. Same applies though... they will still help. I'd highly recommend watching all videos related to fields, especially selection and conditional fields. It will save you a lot of time!

Hopefully the manual will be more updated soon, but if you have any questions that you can't find an answer to, post here or in a ticket and we're always happy to assist!!

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Newbie Questions 9 years 9 months ago #23564

• NTM
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

nathan.dth wrote: Hello! Sorry, but the manual is NOT current. HOWEVER... it will still help a lot as the core functionality is essentially the same. There's just a lot more to it now. Many of the videos are old, but some are newer. Same applies though... they will still help. I'd highly recommend watching all videos related to fields, especially selection and conditional fields. It will save you a lot of time!

Hopefully the manual will be more updated soon, but if you have any questions that you can't find an answer to, post here or in a ticket and we're always happy to assist!!

OK, thanks. I will do some more research.

I have a few questions right off though:

- If I configure the events module to point to a "details article" how do I define what article it points to? I see no option to choose one and in fact if I select that option it goes straight to the registration page. I tried to attach a screenshot but it didn't work.

- If I opt to have event point to the JEvents calendar entry it works. However, I don't know to THEN get users to the registration page. Is there a way to integrate the DT Register link into he detail page of JEvents?

- Is there a way to automatically import the logged in user's site account info (in particular the name) into the registration form in DT Register if you do NOT use CB or Jomsocial? I have found an option for integrating with an optional user profile component like Community Builder, which we don’t use. Oddly if I choose the uninstalled CB option I can get it to import the user’s email address, but I can’t find a way to import the users name. We don’t force address and such into the initial site registration form so that is usually vacant but I would like to be able to have it autopopulate at least the user’s name if they are logged in.

Thanks!

Last Edit: by NTM.

Newbie Questions 9 years 9 months ago #23572

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
1) The details article is set PER EVENT. On the first tab of the event setup, you can select a Joomla article to serve as a "more info" type of feature. In any place that is configured to make links go to the article... if the event has no article selected, it will default back to registration.

2) The best way to use DT Register is WITHOUT JEvents. It is not required. If you WANT to use their calendar instead of the core DT Reg calendar, then you need to install and enable our EventLink plugin. That will automatically place a Register button inside the details view of a JEvents item.

3) The full integration is for CB or JS only at this time. You are right, choosing CB (even without it), will populate the email address. We will have some additional sync options soon, but for now, CB and JS are the routes to go.... and are highly customizable for syncing anything you want.

Thanks!

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Newbie Questions 9 years 8 months ago #23617

• NTM
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the information.

I think it would be very helpful to have some sort of tutorial on how to do certain things including basic settings and things that will bite you when using this. Setting up an individual event registration for example, is pretty straightforward, but I am having issues with group registration.

For example, when I set up a "simple group registration" with the payment options of "Mail in Payment" and Paypal and 2-4 participants what settings are required to make it flow properly?

I am getting this error when I test the group registration flow with "Mail in Payment":
1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 36 SQL=select g.id as group_id , g.member as group_member , g.type as group_type , g.amount as group_amount , epc.prerequisite_id as prerequisitecategory_prerequisite_id, ep.prerequisite_id as prerequisite_prerequisite_id , f.id as file_id , f.path as file_path , f.event_id as file_event_id, fo.id as feeorder_id , fo.eventId as feeorder_eventId , fo.type as feeorder_type ,fo.reference_id as feeorder_reference_id , fo.title as feeorder_title , fo.ordering as feeorder_ordering , l.id as location_id , l.name as location_name , l.address as location_address , l.address2 as location_address2 , l.city as location_city , l.state as location_state , l.zip as location_zip , l.country as location_country , l.phone as location_phone , l.email as location_email , l.website as location_website , l.image as location_image , l.showimage as location_showimage from ntm3_dtregister_group_event e left join ntm3_dtregister_event_detail g on e.slabId = g.slabId left join ntm3_dtregister_prerequisite_category epc on epc.event_id = e.slabId left join ntm3_dtregister_prerequisite ep on ep.event_id = e.slabId left join ntm3_dtregister_files f on f.event_id = e.slabId left join ntm3_dtregister_feeorder fo on fo.eventId = e.slabId left join ntm3_dtregister_locations l on l.id = e.location_id where e.slabId =

How do I know what is causing this? It happens for sure when I use "mail in payment" as the payment option. PayPal APPEARS to work as it does redirect me to PayPal, but I haven't actual tried to pay anything.

I also need to understand how to create sub groups of ages for example within the group registration form.

The form I am trying to create is here:

www.northtexasmensa.org/rg-2014/register...sk=options&eventId=1

I am trying to emulate something like this registration flow:

www.gcmensa.org/index.php/component/dtre...s&Itemid=0&eventId=9

Thanks!

Last Edit: by NTM.

Newbie Questions 9 years 8 months ago #23621

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I just went through your registration with a test...

As an individual, it DID work, but I got this at the end:

"Notice
You must provide at least one recipient email address."

This shows a setup problem. One of the emails that were tried to be sent was unable to due to not being setup. Check the following:

- make sure the event has an admin notification email address provided. This is required.
- in DT configuration, make sure From Name and From Email are both provided on the Email tab. Also required.

The group registration is not working at all. Not sure why yet, but something isn't saved right. Based on the above, I think your admin notification email is probably not provided, and your event setup probably didn't fully save. If you can't get it working, submit a ticket with admin access and we'll check it out. Thanks.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds