Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Records not showing after payment received

Records not showing after payment received 9 years 1 week ago #24396

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
First, you need to make sure you have the latest package of DT Register, which is currently 3.1.1.

Second, it sounds like you are saying that ALL transactions are ending in a blank page and no record created. That would not be an IPN issue, but another problem most likely. A blank page (as in fully blank, white page... not just blank content area) would indicate a fatal error. Check the error logs or set Joomla error reporting to maximum and try a registration. See what the error is.

Do you have our JomSocial plugins installed without actually having the JomSocial component? That is a no-no and detailed in our readme file. Just a thought as that WILL cause a blank screen / fatal error.

Try a registration using "Pay Later". If that also fails, you know you have a setup issue outside of PayPal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Records not showing after payment received 9 years 1 week ago #24398

• toolbox978
  • toolbox978's Avatar Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi nathan -

Thank you for your response. I was running the latest version of DT Register 3.1.1, as well as the latest version of Joomla 3.4.1. No social plugins are installed such as JomSocial or Community Builder, or any of those.

The pay later function is a bad idea for us. Going over the previous messages I've left on this thread, I think the prooblem is most definitely not with Paypal, but with the plugin. 3.1.1 simply does not appear to be compatible with Paypal and their IPN system.

Unfortunately, the only solution I could come up with was to revert back to an older copy of the website that is still running Joomla 3.2.3 and DT Register 3.0.6a.

The 40 or so individuals that registered this morning, I have their names and email addresses - so I will need to contact each of them individually to determine the rest of their preferences that they selected in the custom fields, as I have not been able to deciper them out of the sessions table in the database. Unless you have any other ideas?

Records not showing after payment received 9 years 1 week ago #24400

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
I wasn't suggesting using Pay Later as a solution... but temporarily to do a TEST registration.

In our testing, PayPal works just fine. Plus at this point, no one else has reported this type of problem in 3.1.1. It could be a handful of things causing the issue.

I asked about our JomSocial plugin... because sometimes people install them as they just install all of our plugins/modules without paying attention to what they are... and if that plugin is there without the JomSocial component that it certainly expects, it causes failed registrations. Hence the Pay Later test suggestion. :)

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds