• Page:

TOPIC: Records not showing after payment received

Records not showing after payment received 9 years 3 weeks ago #24384

• toolbox978
  • toolbox978's Avatar Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 0
Please help! We just launched registration for our event this morning, and payments are flying in on Paypal, but no records are showing up in the back end. What is going on? I've never had this issue in the past. Just upgraded to the latest version.

Just to let you know, IPN on Paypal is/was enabled, and the notification URL is set correctly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by toolbox978.

Records not showing after payment received 9 years 3 weeks ago #24387

• toolbox978
  • Banned
  • Banned
Found this helpful article - www.dthdevelopment.com/index.php?option=...&id=23298&Itemid=141

I can see now that there are a slough of records in Paypal with a message ID and a transaction ID, and the status says retrying - so clearly the problem is the message not being able to be received from Paypal.

1) IPN and message delivery are enabled within Paypal, notification URL set to main web address
2) Auto-return is set to Off within Paypal
3) Using Filezilla, all site directories have been verified/set to 755 permissions, all files verified/set to 644.
4) There is no .htaccess file - I can't think of any other security restrictions that would prevent this, but I can ask my host.
5) Login is required to access the Joomla site

Records not showing after payment received 9 years 3 weeks ago #24388

• toolbox978
  • Banned
  • Banned
Update - after contacting the host they have determined that there isn't anything blocking the IPN on their server.

I called Paypal and they also reported no known issues with their systems.

Records not showing after payment received 9 years 3 weeks ago #24390

• toolbox978
  • Banned
  • Banned
I just went through myself and tried to register - users are being brought to a blank screen when being returned to the site. Even if they manually click the "Return to site" button.

http://.../components/com_dtregister/success.php?return=509&Itemid=236&task=restore is a blank page.

Please help soon.

Records not showing after payment received 9 years 3 weeks ago #24391

• toolbox978
  • Banned
  • Banned
Sorry for the many replies, but I can't stress just how urgently bad this is for our business. I just heard back from Paypal support regarding this issue:

Thank you for contacting PayPal Merchant technical Support.
We're getting a 500 response back when attempting to validate your IPNs. The URL being passed is http://.../components/com_dtregister/success.php?return=XXX&Itemid=YYY&task=notification (The X's and Y's represent actual numbers, which vary).
Typically this is an indication that your IPN listener is having trouble with the connections due to load, or a coding error. Please check your IPN script and make sure the URLs you're passing are valid. You may also want to check with your system engineers to make sure they're not blocking our IPN IP addresses erroneously. The IPs are as follows:
notify.paypal.com
ipnpb.paypal.com
173.0.84.8 (existing)
173.0.84.40 (existing)
173.0.88.8 (existing)
173.0.88.40 (existing)
173.0.92.8 (new August 2014)
173.0.93.8 (new August 2014)
64.4.249.8 (new August 2014)
64.4.248.8 (new August 2014)
Please have them white list all of these IPs if they're currently being blocked/not white listed.

I have verified that none of these IP addresses are blacklisted through our host , therefore I am lead to believe that there might be a coding error?

Records not showing after payment received 9 years 3 weeks ago #24393

• shootfast
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
toolbox978, unfortunately I don't have a solution for you but I have experienced similar things. It's usually when we have a lot of registrations taking place all at the same time. usually this issue occurs when we have an event that is generating 100-300 registrations an hour.

It sucks! And I feel your pain :S

What we have found is that while the records aren't showing up in dtregister they are still in the database and can find them from within phpMyAdmin. It's a pain in the butt, and searching the database for the transaction id's that PayPal creates takes a ton of time and once we've found the records the only way we've found to actually make them "visible" in dtregister is to recreate the registration. It's been a lot of work for us in the past.

Thanks for all these posts though. Hopefully they can help fix the issue...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.439 seconds