Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Confirm E-Mail Address On Registration Form

[SOLVED] Confirm E-Mail Address On Registration Form 6 years 10 months ago #26919

• shootfast
  • shootfast's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Does DT Register support the ability to force people to confirm their e-mail address on the registration form?

We seem to get way too many people that fill out their e-mails incorrectly (usually spelling mistakes) and then complain that they don't receive their confirmation e-mails. Is it possible to force registrants to have to fill out their e-mail address twice and have the system flag it if they don't match, as a lot of forms do? I can't seem to find a setting that enables this, but I may have missed it?

Thanks,

S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by nathan.dth.

Confirm E-Mail Address On Registration Form 6 years 10 months ago #26921

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Hello. The default "email" field actually is setup for this by default, so someone within your site admin has turned off what you are now asking for. :)

Within any email field, in field management, one of the parameters for the field is to enable/disable email confirmation. If you turn that on, it will have the 2nd confirmation field that you're wanting within every event that uses that email field.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shootfast

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Confirm E-Mail Address On Registration Form 6 years 10 months ago #26924

• shootfast
  • shootfast's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Perfect, thank you, I was looking in the settings for it. Having set up DT Register for the first time many years ago I had either forgotten it was there or didn't see it the first time and didn't even think to look in the e-mail field setting.

It works just as advertised :cheer:

Thanks again,

S

[SOLVED] Confirm E-Mail Address On Registration Form 6 years 10 months ago #26926

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
No problem. Happy to help. :)

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds