Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Issue with Discount Code - Reverts to full price on final screen.

Issue with Discount Code - Reverts to full price on final screen. 7 years 7 months ago #26271

• paul_mcdonald
  • paul_mcdonald's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
When you enter a valid discount code it shows the discounted price, but when you go to the next screen the price is back to the full price. I checked the events and discount codes and everything is set up like they've been set up in the past. I tried to register for different events and got the same result each time with the discount code not working. I tried to create a new discount code to try that and same thing.

I've been testing this and think I found a workaround. I got the discount code to work by filling out the name, email address, and clicking the checkbox for the Terms & Conditions BEFORE putting in the discount code​. Basically, entering the discount code last and then hitting the next button to go to the confirmation screen. The discount code is listed first on the screen and I have NOT been able to get the discount code to work by entering it first.

Has anyone else had this issue?

DT Register v.3.1.11 & Joomla 3.6.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Issue with Discount Code - Reverts to full price on final screen. 7 years 7 months ago #26287

• efnweb
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
We are experiencing the same issue. However, this is only an issue when the discount code is set to "per event." With the discount code set to "all events" it works. With the discount code set to "per event" here's what happens:

1) Registration screen, you enter the discount code and the price shows reduced by the discount amount.

2) Confirmation Screen: the registration amount is reverted back to full price.

3) Checkout screen, amount shows no discount at all -- full price.

4) Paypal -- customer is charged full price if they didn't notice the pricing switch. :(

Again, setting the discount code to "all events" instead of "per event" as a workaround solved it for us, but the functionality seems not to work correctly.

Joomla 3.6.2. DT Register 3.1.11

Last Edit: by efnweb. Reason: Clarification

Issue with Discount Code - Reverts to full price on final screen. 7 years 7 months ago #26288

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Update to DT Register 3.1.11a and you should be in good shape on this. If not, submit a ticket with admin details.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Issue with Discount Code - Reverts to full price on final screen. 7 years 6 months ago #26367

• kevh1974
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Was there a solution found for this as we're having the same issue.

Am using DT register 3.1.11b

Thanks

KH

Issue with Discount Code - Reverts to full price on final screen. 7 years 6 months ago #26373

• efnweb
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
One of my clients complained about this today. A customer entered a valid discount code, was shown the discount on the registration screen, but the confirmation screen did NOT reflect the discounted amount. The customer complained to my client, which is how we found out about it.

Testing the issue on several browsers revealed this on Chrome:

You enter the discount code and fill out the form. If you missed a required field or typed in the wrong captcha code and the registration screen flags you for corrections, when you then proceed to the confirmation screen after correcting the errors, the discount amount is removed. We found that this happens on Chrome but not Safari and other browsers.

DT Register 3.1.11b
Joomla 3.6.2 and 3.6.4

Last Edit: by efnweb. Reason: Add platform versions

Issue with Discount Code - Reverts to full price on final screen. 7 years 6 months ago #26380

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Can you guys update to 3.1.11c and confirm if you still have this issue?

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.706 seconds