Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] View Events not showing events open for registration

[SOLVED] View Events not showing events open for registration 7 years 11 months ago #25996

• AlKhamsa
  • AlKhamsa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
DT Register 3.1.7c
Joomla 3.5.1
DT Register UpcomingEvents 3.3

The button VIEW EVENTS is not displaying the events currently open for registration. The dropdown box for "select event" displays the correct events for selection and REGISTER works just ducky. So it must be something stupid I can't find in the documentation on how to make VIEW EVENTS display Events available for registration. Not using JEvents. Please advise where I've messed up.
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by nathan.dth.

View Events not showing events open for registration 7 years 11 months ago #26001

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
First, congrats on NOT using JEvents. That's big points right off the bat! :)

Second, this would be a configuration issue I'm sure. First, check the access level of your DT Register categories. Make sure they are "Public". Sometimes people mistakenly set them as "Guest", which is that annoyingly confusing Joomla access level that people expect to be essentially the same as Public, but it's not. It requires a login. With categories, if you don't hit the set access level, you will not see any events listed from that category.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

View Events not showing events open for registration 7 years 11 months ago #26003

• AlKhamsa
  • AlKhamsa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks Nathan! I knew it was going to turn out to be something stupid! I forgot I needed to publish the Event Category once I published everything else. At least the access level was already set to PUBLIC.

View Events not showing events open for registration 7 years 11 months ago #26004

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Ah, not published. That will of course do it too! :) Glad to help!

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

[SOLVED] View Events not showing events open for registration 7 years 10 months ago #26059

• bdonner
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hmm, DT Register automatically sets the Access Level for new categories to Guests for me, and then sometimes shows these events, sometimes not.

However, no matter what access levels I specify for categories, a clean install of DT Register 3.1.8, with all basic setup done, does not show new recurring events at all, no matter what I try.

[SOLVED] View Events not showing events open for registration 7 years 10 months ago #26061

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Ben...

1. We've not seen or heard from any other user that new categories get assigned to a Guest access level by default. If this is happening on one of your sites, we'd be interested in seeing that admin and database to see if there is some variation that would cause that.

2. The category access level will affect the display of an event, but it will not work inconsistently. A guest access level WILL require a login to see those events. That is a confusing Joomla access level that is not the same as Public. It does require a login. So the only explanation here of "sometimes shows these events, sometimes not" is this... sometimes you are logged in and sometimes you are not.

3. Besides the category access level, the only other thing that can affect the display of an event is if it is published or not. Whether it is one-time or recurring makes no difference to the display. We can't replicate any such issue with recurring events, and no one else has reported any such issue either. So if you are experiencing this, we need to see it on the site.

Any of this that you'd like us to check, feel free to submit a ticket.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds