TOPIC: Unable to change the order of the cost calculation

Unable to change the order of the cost calculation 8 years 3 months ago #25564

• Frankyboy
  • Frankyboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I cant change the order of the differt cost values but I can't :(

I want to add 5 euro for an added option to an event of 10 euro but if someone buy's two tickets the 5 euro must be added two times.

Wanted: 10 euro plus 5 euro = 15 euro multiplied with 2 = 30 euro :)
Not wanted 10 euro multiplied with 2 = 20 euro and added 5 = 25 euro :(

I think I can do this by changing the cost calulation order but I can't change it. Tried Firefox, Opera an Safari without success. Is this a bug of 3.1.6. I can drag the bars but if I release the go back where they came from without any change.

Anyone has the same problem or a solution?

Now I disabled the group registration but I don't want this workaround.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Frankyboy.

Unable to change the order of the cost calculation 8 years 3 months ago #25567

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Fee ordering has been fixed. Download the latest build from My Orders and update. You'll find that is resolved. If you still have an issue beyond ordering, it will most likely be a setup issue. But we can check further at that point.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Unable to change the order of the cost calculation 8 years 3 months ago #25568

• Frankyboy
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
I can indeed change the order but I don't seem to be able to do what I want.

I want people to choose the event options like basic for €10 or deluxe for €10 euro extra. And this option (checkbox or dropdown) must work in individual AND in group registration.

Now people can order 10 tickets and only pay (10x10)+10=€110 but it must be (10+10)x10=€200 Can this be done with your cmponent and with this cost ordering??

Unable to change the order of the cost calculation 8 years 3 months ago #25572

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Of course you can do it also with group registration. If you use DETAILED group registration, you can have those selection fields set for each member in the group. If you just have the field on the group billing page... or are using simple group registration... there is no way to tell that field to multiply based on the number of members. So that is why you use detailed group registration.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Unable to change the order of the cost calculation 8 years 3 months ago #25574

• Frankyboy
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Aha.... that way it can be done indeed. I started using simple group registration because it is kind of complicated for most users.

If they come with 2 persons they have to give three names which tend to confuse them. Therefore I start using the simple but it does have a downside for me.

Maybe you could simplify the layout so they have more overview of the members and the one who is doing the registration. All in one layout or a different layouts for both forms.

Also the "I register a part of a group" does not sound like buying grouptickets or multiple tickets. Can I change this? It must be in the language file's I guess!?

Thx for answering Nathan.

Unable to change the order of the cost calculation 8 years 3 months ago #25575

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Well you should change a number of items in the language file:

/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_dtregister.ini

The "register as part of a group" and also the labels on each page like "Member 1" and the final "Billing Info". Any text you see... and also use the message that you can configure within the event that will display above the registration form. Add some instructional type text. Change what is seen to remove any confusion. You have control over all of that.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds