Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Paypal IPN - IPN sent to following url are not valid

Paypal IPN - IPN sent to following url are not valid 9 years 5 months ago #23878

Hi Everybody.
I have a problem with paypal IPN because even if everything works perfectly, i couldn't get the Transaction number from patypal.
I received an email from paypal saying that the URL where to send back the IPN is wrong with the list of all IPN rejected.
After few tests i found out the problem is beacuse the full site is for registered users, than when paypal send the IPN back the the url, my site answers "404 - View non trovato [name, type, prefix]: login, html, contentView ectect"
I login to the site and manually applied the URL and everything works and the transaction number is reported into the DTregister's log.

Now my question: do you have any suggestions how to proceed to solve this??

May be i'm getting older and more stupid, but i'm stuck on this!

Thanks
Costa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Paypal IPN - IPN sent to following url are not valid 9 years 5 months ago #23881

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
You are correct that a login requirement to access the site will NOT work with PayPal IPN. There's nothing we can do about that. You'll have to make your initial site access public, then lock down content to logged in users.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Paypal IPN - IPN sent to following url are not valid 9 years 4 months ago #23941

• Ginjg
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am encountering the same issue and notice from Paypal, but my site is public, with only certain content requiring login.
Is there perhaps some setting in admintools that needs to be made?

Here's the message that came from Paypal ( I replaced my actual domain with –– for this post):

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

https://–––––––––––––––.org/components/com_dtregister/success.php?return=8&Itemid=99999&task=notification

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.

Paypal IPN - IPN sent to following url are not valid 9 years 4 months ago #23942

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Ginjg -

This is not a DT Register issue but something else in the mix that is keeping PayPal IPN from communicating with your site. Check the following:

- IPN must be enabled in the PayPal account
- Auto-return should be disabled in the account
- IPN Notification URL should be simply your site's main domain name. Nothing else specific is needed... but should be the correct site URL.
- Permissions in site must be correct. 755 for directories and 644 for files... from the top level containing the Joomla install on down. This is important.
- No added security measures (such as in the .htaccess file) that would prevent access to /components/com_dtregister/success.php

Those are the normal items that would cause this type of issue, so start with those. Thanks!

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Paypal IPN - IPN sent to following url are not valid 9 years 4 months ago #23944

• Ginjg
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
those are the settings on paypal and on my site that we have

Paypal IPN - IPN sent to following url are not valid 9 years 4 months ago #23975

• mikm27
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
We're having the same problem as well. We received that email from PayPal today - ie "Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN)...." But our transactions are completing successfully. Our hosting company say they cannot find any errors in the logs. We also use paypal with CBSubs on our site - I tried working with the CBSubs developers to isolate the problem but no luck. To be continued...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds