Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SOLVED] DT_Register not compatible with users who use Community Builder and have upgraded to CB 2.0

[SOLVED] DT_Register not compatible with users who use Community Builder and have upgraded to CB 2.0 9 years 6 months ago #23821

• Smooth1SITF
  • Smooth1SITF's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have been needing help for a while now with DT_Donate but now I REALLY need help with DT_Register. I'm posting here directly because no-one is answering my support tickets and I can see that your consistently posting in the forums. The new version of Community Builder came out and it caused my DT register not to work.... This is the response I got back from the vendor of Community Builder:

OK - it looks like this DT component is trying to insert new data in the Community Builder database!

This is not how extensions should work or integrate with other extensions.

Bad practice - period.

It is failing because CB 2.0 has differences in its database scheme compared to CB 1.9.1.

Good practice would be for this component to use the CB API to interface with CB - it it did our backward compatibility layer would kick in and make needed adjustments,

Sorry, I cannot help you here - it is a matter of pour design (quick and dirty approach) instead of a clean implementation.

Suggest you contact this DT developers and tell them that there component is not compatible with CB 2.0.

We are here to help you !

Best Regards,

Nick

Please help me. I need to get the event register back up and running ASAP!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by nathan.dth.

DT_Register not compatible with users who use Community Builder and have upgraded to CB 2.0 9 years 6 months ago #23829

• stelfair
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I've received the error message from Community Builder 2.0 as well, stating that the module for DT_Register may not function properly when trying to list the courses. It does show the listing, however, but it's showing that there may be a problem. Just thought you should know for future revisions. :(

DT_Register not compatible with users who use Community Builder and have upgraded to CB 2.0 9 years 6 months ago #23831

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
We have done some initial testing with CB 2.0 and functionality with the CB profile (auto-population, auto-user creation, etc) is all working just fine. If you have specific errors in specific places, put those details in a ticket so we can check them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stelfair

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

DT_Register not compatible with users who use Community Builder and have upgraded to CB 2.0 9 years 5 months ago #23887

• Smooth1SITF
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Sorry it took so long for response, I have been sick.

Since the upgrade, I haven't been able to access the back end at all. It goes to a white screen.

I know that the CB team told me they saw some DB issues, but not to what extent.

I have a sister site with CB 2.0 installed and its working fine. Just this site is not. I however installed the DT_register before the upgrade, and was using it and updating it. once the upgrade to CB 2.0 was done, it lost back-end access but it appears to possibly be working on the front end.

Any thoughts? can you please help?

DT_Register not compatible with users who use Community Builder and have upgraded to CB 2.0 9 years 5 months ago #23888

• Smooth1SITF
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok, after re-installing it a total of 5 times, I got it to work. Now, the upcoming events module is not working. I get the following error message every time I activate it:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'and a.status IN (0,1) GROUP BY a.eventId' at line 1 SQL=SELECT SUM(a.memtot) FROM ngm19_dtregister_user AS a WHERE a.eventId= and a.status IN (0,1) GROUP BY a.eventId

11/05/2014 Edgar Ermis wrote:
Hello,

Have you had a chance to check this out? Currently, its still down on my website and I am needing to get it work because I have a couple of events getting ready to get started.

DT_Register not compatible with users who use Community Builder and have upgraded to CB 2.0 9 years 2 months ago #24099

• harryvh
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Also experiencing problems installing DT-Register with CB 2.0. Clearly DT Register creates fields in the CB table Comprofiler and then prompts that there are duplicate table names. Get the following message:

1060 Duplicate column name 'cb_title' SQL=Alter table mzg1i_comprofiler add `cb_title` VARCHAR( 255 ) CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NULL DEFAULT NULL

I then deleted all the related fields, attempted reinstallation but then got the following message:

1136 Column count doesn't match value count at row 1 SQL=INSERT INTO `mzg1i_comprofiler_field_values` VALUES ('', 104, 'Visa', 1, 0);

Can't get DT Register to install...

Time to create page: 0.275 seconds