• Page:

TOPIC: Links don't work in email attendees

Links don't work in email attendees 9 years 7 months ago #23719

• Frankyboy
  • Frankyboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
When I choose to send a message to all attendees that came to a past event I can't send them links like I used to in other mails.

I use the JCE editor to choose a link from the available content or menu items. They seem to be made in correct relative urls but in the send email they are not completed with the base url of the site I get urls like this:

x-webdoc://8B43CA3E-B95F-428E-BAB0-B8E015CB74C7/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=42&Itemid=87

Is this done by DT Register or should I look for the solution elswere??

And x-webdoc://8B43CA3E-B95F-428E-BAB0-B8E015CB74C7 should be my domain url

Could anyone help to solve this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Links don't work in email attendees 9 years 7 months ago #23721

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
You need to modify this in JCE. Set it to use absolute URLs instead of relative URLs. I believe you can also set this per component if you'd like. That's where the issue is though.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Links don't work in email attendees 9 years 7 months ago #23726

• Frankyboy
  • Frankyboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Yes this did help thank you.

Strangely enough Acymailing does not require this trick and handles the relative url's correct.

I would also like to see what email I have been sending. Now you lose your email when the sending does not succeed and have to write the email over again! I learned to save it elsewhere but this could be more streamlined.

Links don't work in email attendees 9 years 7 months ago #23727

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Use the option to BCC the email to yourself as that copy version you receive include un-parsed email tags so you have an exact copy of what you created that you can reference and re-use in the future. Yes, it would be nice to have it stored in DT Reg and just re-send or something, but for now, the BCC is a big help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frankyboy

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds