• Page:

TOPIC: Development Update

Development Update 9 years 8 months ago #23692

• andybon
  • andybon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
With 4 months since the last update, I was just curious to hear any plans / timescales for any future update of DTReg?

Just wanted to check in really to see if there's still active development or if this is now considered stable and not being developed further?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Development Update 9 years 7 months ago #23717

• waynejb
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Great question.

One thing that would be nice is to post new features DTH is working on for each release.

In addition how could we as a group help support DTH financially to get new features released. I have seen on other sites where top features are listed and the cost to complete development. Once the goal was met the development would begin with clear release dates. I see so many great features and willing to help financially for those we are interested in.

Development Update 9 years 7 months ago #23731

• 4shizzle
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Definitely agree on this one. For the past six months I repeatedly asked for enhancement / new Features. All request get same answer unfortunately ;we will look into it... But then nothing happens. I am willing to pay for my request but it's just getting ignored. @least that how it feels like to me. Why not hire extra people to make development more active again. In the end dth business wil also benefit?

Development Update 9 years 7 months ago #23732

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi Everyone.

I feel like this is a good time to respond. We have spent the last 4 months building out 2 major new services for DTH Customers.

The first is our new payment system and gateway. It was developed in partnership with FDC Financial and Authorize.net. It will allow you to process payments through our gateway which is using the Authorize.net service and unlike the alternatives we will keep the rates really low and fixed. A vast majority of our clients are nonprofits and faith based organizations and they have been hit with their banks raising their processing fees. If our customers convert to our payment gateway which should be painless then both our customers and DTH will benefit greatly. With our partnership with FDC Financial, we will be leveraging their support staff to provide support for questions about payment transactions. This service has the potential to drive down costs significantly for DT Register customers.

The second new service is our SMS messaging network developed in partnership with Twilio. This will allow customers to start using SMS messaging in place of or in addition to email for confirmations and updates for events. By using this SMS network we are developing there are other products that will be spawned out of this including an SMS product that can integrate with other joomla extensions (e.g. plugins for shopping carts for sending SMS order confirmations). This service will not only greatly expand how DT Register is used but also how other extensions are used.

Once we get past those releases (coming very very soon) we will be adding other new features into our core products and there should be a regular pattern of updates. The 2 projects described above are huge tasks that have required a great deal of time. Hope that helps.

Best Regards,
Rich

Development Update 9 years 7 months ago #23733

• shootfast
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Rich,

Will the Canadian market have access to the two features that you described in your update above?

Cheers,

S

Development Update 9 years 7 months ago #23765

• kcharney
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
When do you expect to release your payment gateway specifically around Authorize.net.
We are a nonprofit faith based and just use PayPal now but are looking to sign up for one at a good price
Thanks

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds