Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] [Auto User Creation] Users not getting created in Joomla Backend

[SOLVED] [Auto User Creation] Users not getting created in Joomla Backend 10 years 1 week ago #23107

• sanchitcctech
  • sanchitcctech's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I enabled auto user creation in event. Now I do get the username/password block. But after submitting all the info and getting Thank you page, this new user is not shown in Joomla User Manager.

Although this user exists in 'Records', but Name field is empty. See attachment and postimg.org/image/ygl28329b/ .

Please let me know how can I solve this.

Thanks
Attachments:

• Rendering Error in layout Attachment/Item: Property "protected" is not defined. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by nathan.dth.

[Auto User Creation] Users not getting created in Joomla Backend 10 years 1 week ago #23108

• sanchitcctech
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Please check this image- postimg.org/image/ygl28329b/

Last Edit: by sanchitcctech.

[Auto User Creation] Users not getting created in Joomla Backend 10 years 1 week ago #23109

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
The records display (and other functions) use the fields "firstname" and "lastname". I see you are using only one name field. That is fine, you should use the core "firstname" field... then just change the label to "Name".

Then also in the Joomla user manager, click Options, and make sure "Allow User Registration" is set to YES. That is required.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sanchitcctech

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

[Auto User Creation] Users not getting created in Joomla Backend 10 years 1 week ago #23114

• sanchitcctech
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks. That works!

[Auto User Creation] Users not getting created in Joomla Backend 10 years 5 days ago #23121

• sanchitcctech
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

After doing as above, now the user is created. But now since I am using the firstname and lastname, data of already registered users in not pulled in First Name and Last Name fields.

If I use name field, then name in pulled in for already registered users. But now the new user is not getting created.

Hope it explains my question. Please let me know how can I-

1. Pull data of already registered user in case of login, or
2. If the user is new, ask name and the account should be auto-created.

Thanks

[SOLVED] [Auto User Creation] Users not getting created in Joomla Backend 10 years 4 days ago #23124

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
In CB, the "Name" field is different from the "First Name" and "Last Name" fields. This is a structural change you are needing to make so everything works together in the manner you need. For existing users, their profiles will need updated to put data into the firstname and lastname fields within CB. You can do this manually... or maybe write a script if you know how to pull this data as needed within the database and update the profiles that way. OR you can send a message to your users and ask them to login and update their profiles themselves.

One way or another, the profiles will need updated.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds