Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] How do I change hard-coded text?

[SOLVED] How do I change hard-coded text? 7 years 8 months ago #26210

• ernienet
  • ernienet's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
The last time I had to do this was years ago - I thought there was a .ini file somewhere that I could change messages that would show on screen.

I can no longer find it, and was not able to find a reference to where I could edit this information in the forum (but maybe I don't know what to search for).

Can someone please direct me to where I can change the registration page text for optionally creating an account at registration? The current text is:

Please create a login account so you can access your registrations later.
If you already have an account, please login prior to registering for this event.

Thank you,

Ernie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by nathan.dth.

How do I change hard-coded text? 7 years 8 months ago #26211

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Hello Ernie! There is no hard-coded text. It all comes from language files the same as almost all Joomla extensions. The file you need is:

/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_dtregister.ini

You can modify this file or locate the tag you need to modify and add it to an override language file so you don't lose your modification on future updates of DT Register. If you're not sure how to use a Joomla language override file, just Google it and you'll find plenty of helpful info on that. Thanks!

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

How do I change hard-coded text? 7 years 8 months ago #26212

• ernienet
  • ernienet's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Doh! for forgetting to check the language files, and double Doh! for not knowing about the overrides feature in Joomla (I'm supposed to know these things!).

Thanks for the refresher. I've made the update using the Joomla Override and it worked perfectly.

Thank you,

Ernie

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds