Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Emails Not Setting with latest update 3.1.7a

[SOLVED] Emails Not Setting with latest update 3.1.7a 7 years 10 months ago #26029

• gjeff
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello everybody,

I also had the issue with both 3.1.7c and 3.1.8.
It seems that the problem is caused by the PHPMail configuration of Joomla that is very sensitive with small errors.

After some google search, I found a solution that works on my site (hosted by 1and1 ) :
in the file libraries/joomla/mail/mail.php at line 69 :
turn $exceptions to false

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

[SOLVED] Emails Not Setting with latest update 3.1.7a 7 years 5 months ago #26461

• hshideman
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am now having this issue. I have not doubt that it is a configuration issue, I recently switched to a new host and I don't believe I am asking them the correct question (thus not getting the correct answer.) All worked fine prior to transfer.

I am using joomla 3.6.4. I updated last night to 3.1.12 from 3.1.11.

I am able to send joomla test emails via php mail and sendmail. However, through dtregister, no emails are going through: could not instantiate mail function and could not execute :/usr/sbin/sendmail. I am getting site registration emails (community builder)

I have updated the joomla configuration to match the dtregister configuration emails. What should I be checking for or what should I be asking my host to enable/update?

[SOLVED] Emails Not Setting with latest update 3.1.7a 7 years 5 months ago #26466

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
@hshideman - the test email within configuration doesn't tell you much as it does NOT mean that emails are going to work with other extensions. I've seen many times where that tells me a setup is fine, but then email issues exist within the site. Anyway...

It looks like you are trying with the Sendmail mailer. Do you have "Mailer" set to "Sendmail"? If so, try "PHP Mail", which is what works in most cases. If that doesn't work, try the "SMTP" mail option, which will open up other settings, which you'd need to verify with your host.

Within DT Register, make sure in configuration on the email tab that "From Name" and "From Email" are configured and that the emails being used are all configured. It is also possible to mess up your email functionality within a particular event depending on how you have setup email usage in that event.

Is this affecting all of your events? Are NO emails from DT Register coming or just certain emails?

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

[SOLVED] Emails Not Setting with latest update 3.1.7a 7 years 5 months ago #26467

• hshideman
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
You are the best! I switched back to php mail and discovered my host required that all outgoing emails on my site be from @mydomain.com.

I had not looked to switch the configuration under the individual events, but and that did the trick. Thank you so much for the quick response.

[SOLVED] Emails Not Setting with latest update 3.1.7a 7 years 5 months ago #26469

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Happy to help! :)

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds