Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Moved site to another folder on host. Can't see DT Register frontend.

Moved site to another folder on host. Can't see DT Register frontend. 8 years 2 months ago #25580

• dctrpl
  • dctrpl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm building a new version of our site.

I originally installed Joomla to:

host/domain/subfolder/

but having built the site (including DT Register, I have now moved the site to:

host/domain/

I could see the backend all right but, at first, I couldn't see the frontend at all.

After a bit of mucking about I am now able to see the frontend of the site but the main menu link to DT Register registration page is not working.

I can see DT Register absolutely fine in the backend.

Is the old folder path embedded into DT Register somewhere when it gets installed? Any other ideas what I need to change?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moved site to another folder on host. Can't see DT Register frontend. 8 years 2 months ago #25582

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
There is nothing for your site URL that is coded into DT Register at all. This would be entirely an issue of your actual Joomla install and/or your menu item itself.

Check your configuration.php file and make sure the entries for live_site, log_path, and tmp_path are all correct. Mostly likely, after a change like this, these entries are wrong.

Also... if you are using a 3rd party SEF component, it may have some hard-coded URLs saved, and if one is associated with your DT Register menu item, then that could be an issue also.

Regardless, it's not a DT Register issue. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.389 seconds