TOPIC: Overlapping Selections Prevention

Overlapping Selections Prevention 7 years 4 months ago #26511

• tleighow
  • tleighow's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,
One feature That would really help me greatly in the one event we run yearly.Would be a way to prevent users from selection certain fields if they selected anything in previous field. We have event where we have overlapping time slots so for example you can select to take a class that runs from 1-3 or another one that runs from 1-5 obviously these times overlap and you can't be in two places at once. I think you would need to be able to select multiple fields(checkboxes maybe) that says if selected then don't allow x or y to be. Currently I have custom scripts to generate e-mails in a table to catch these cases. People really don't read. If you could come up with a feature like this it would really be useful to me and I am sure others. Conditional fields are great but sometimes you really just need to prevent a selection entirely
Thanks,
Tom

for example if you select
1-3: Cooking
then gray out field 1-5
1-5:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Overlapping Selections Prevention 7 years 4 months ago #26513

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
That is what our Overlapping Events feature is for... to not allow people to register for an event that conflicts with the time of another event they are already registered for, or have in the cart. But I see you have these options all within one event so you need the overlapping check on actual field selections... a conditional field in reverse essentially.

This is not likely something that we would implement unless you or someone paid for the custom development. It's not a high enough interest item at this time to do. DT Register already has MUCH more functionality than other options to begin with... plus, this is not something anyone else is asking us to add. If you want to discuss a possible custom project, submit a customization ticket and we can continue there. Thanks for the input!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds