• Page:

TOPIC: DT Register for Wordpress

DT Register for Wordpress 8 years 5 months ago #25076

• tt_chatter
  • tt_chatter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm likely the one millionth person to bring this up.

I've used DT Register in the past and have found it to be one of the most robust integrated event tools of any CMS system; Joomla, Wordpress, and Drupal. I've been a Joomla advocate for years, however I've found myself using Wordpress more often these days.

After researching and using Wordpress event plugins, I've found myself less then satisfied due to their lack of functionality and inability of the developers to anticipate the needs of the market. Today, DT Register is still by far the most advanced event module I've used. I have contemplated recommending Joomla to clients just to use DT Register.

Unfortunately Wordpress offers a very advantageous benefit. The community has developed a huge quantity of well developed themes that have already integrated various event plugins. To use DT Register with Joomla requires significant CSS/PHP customization in order to maintain a visual appeal comparable to what we are seeing with Wordpress themes.

My personal thought is if you were to develop DT Register for Wordpress, the community would immediately identify the plugin as superior and integrate it into their themes accordingly.

With that said you have a great product and continue the good work.

Tom D | Creative & Corporate | creativeandcorporate.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by tt_chatter.

DT Register for Wordpress 7 years 5 months ago #26458

• stelfair
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I agree.

DT Register for Wordpress 6 years 6 months ago #27151

• chadrodom
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I agree, we have a client who has sworn by this product and will be moving from Joomla to WP soon and we will have to find something new.

DT Register for Wordpress 6 years 6 months ago #27152

• dbriggs
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I also agree. I'm stuck in Joomla hell for DT register alone. Would LOVE to migrate to Wordpress, but won't risk trying another program.

DT Register for Wordpress 6 years 6 months ago #27153

• stelfair
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
My company tried replacing our Joomla websites with Wordpress websites and I will tell you that it was a COMPLETE FAILURE. Thought I had, at one time, thought that it would be better to go to Wordpress, I have changed my mind. Here's why. First, as we all have stated, nothing is better than DT Register. Then, Joomla works better when you have clients who are going to perform functions on your site. So, what I would wish that DT Register gives us more customization options within the program but I dont' want DT Register for Wordpress. I'm done with Wordpress.

DT Register for Wordpress 6 years 6 months ago #27158

• ssnobben
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

My personal thought is if you were to develop DT Register for Wordpress, the community would immediately identify the plugin as superior and integrate it into their themes accordingly.

With that said you have a great product and continue the good work.

I dont understand what this could be better with this event solutions to use WordPress?

Joomlas ACL,CCK, template framework & pagebuilders etc are world class and Joomla is more secure (check the real statistics) stable and powerful than Wordpress. WP aales pitch ia the good looking templates with integrated plg in the sales package and thats what people see and "understand".

Joomla have template frameworks & pagebuilders too. And unique powerful CCKs.

Some examples:

Templates, frameworks & tools and more.

www.joomshaper.com/page-builder/ ( Easy to use Pagebuilder)
www.joomshaper.com/helix (Helix III new version soon)
www.seblod.com/ ( Seblod cck build whatever you want)
www.regularlabs.com/extensions/advancedmodulemanager/tutorial ( Advance module manager customize whatever you want to see )
stackideas.com/ ( Advanced easyblog, easy profiling system, Discussion/help system & kommenting etc )
www.akeebabackup.com/ ( stable secure backup & admin tools)

etc...

So what do Wordpress have that not Joomla can deliver? explain.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds