• Page:

TOPIC: Unregistering For An Event

Unregistering For An Event 14 years 2 months ago #6076

• mholstein
  • mholstein's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Can a user that has registered for an event, unregister from the Front End?

Or does an Admin have to do it from the Back End?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Unregistering For An Event 14 years 2 months ago #6079

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Currently, only done by admin in the backend. However, we are releasing 2.6 later this week and it includes a new frontend user panel for users to see their records, edit, cancel, make other payments, etc.

Unregistering For An Event 14 years 4 weeks ago #6864

• internetty66
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
But how can a user cancel an event via frontend user panel when he is not a registered user ?
What is the reason to create a registration id "DC-1234567" when the user cannot go to the user panel and enter the id to cancel the event ?

If I set the user panel in the menu to public then I receive the message that this is for private events.

What I would expect is that the user panel gives you the option to enter your registration id and name (combination has to match) - and the user can cancel the event.
If it is a registered user and logged in....then user panel will automatically list the events the user has registered.

This would be conistent in the way, that a registered user and a non registered user can cancel an event.

Unregistering For An Event 14 years 4 weeks ago #6870

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Currently the user panel works only for registered users. So if you want to use the features of the user panel, you should force users to login prior to registration. If you don't want to do that, then you won't be able to use the user panel... except for users that happen to be logged in when they register.

Unregistering For An Event 14 years 4 weeks ago #6874

• internetty66
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
That consequently means that a user who just want to register to a public event cannot cancel the event with the registration id ?
But a Jomsocial member can ...

Do you plan to integrate this functionality in a future release ?

Unregistering For An Event 13 years 10 months ago #7860

• jwlehman
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
sorry to bump this...BUT...

This is a key feature - it's great the functionality has come along for folks to edit/cancel BUT...most and more and more website clients (non-profits and associations that hold expos) will not, do not and won't accept a login requirement. It's seen as annoying, which it is.

I agree that a confirmation number with a last name/email address/phone number should be enough to unlock the User Panel without it being a major User Management plugin. If the confirmation number can't be used user to do self administration -- then the tool still requires a manual action by the admin...which considerably negates the cost savings of automating registration.

Hope to see this soon...

Thanks

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds