• Page:

TOPIC: Using Paypal Sandbox

Using Paypal Sandbox 14 years 2 months ago #5863

• meggio
  • meggio's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I apologise for posting this question, it should go to Paypal but their support is impossible to use.

I have created a sandbox account with a personal account and a business account. When I go through the checkout process, and DT Register sends me on to the paypal site, I have a problem: it asks me for my Paypal username and password, then it rejects the login.

I have used the long email address that ends with _per, and I have used the main sandbox account email address, and that is rejected too.

What exactly are they looking for here? I've been very careful with my login info and I know it's correct.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Using Paypal Sandbox 13 years 10 months ago #8091

• germancb
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
same problem can you help me too?

thanks

Using Paypal Sandbox 13 years 10 months ago #8094

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
If you set DT Register to TEST MODE, then you must use a sandbox account for PayPal. You'll need two accounts actually. Setup the sandbox account in the DT Register settings as the recipient account in PayPal. Then when redirected to PayPal sandbox (looks obviously different than the regular site), you must login with a different paypal account than the one setup for receiving the payment.

DT Reg set to test mode with paypal sandbox account = OK
DT Reg set to test mode with regular paypal account = NOT OK
DT Reg set to live mode with paypal sandbox account = NOT OK

The most accurate way to test is actually to run the whole process LIVE, then just issue a refund from the one paypal account back to the other. Fees are also refunded so nothing is lost.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds