• Page:

TOPIC: Upgrading from J!1.0.x to 1.5 with DTRegister

Upgrading from J!1.0.x to 1.5 with DTRegister 13 years 1 month ago #12395

• cpaschen
  • cpaschen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I have a potential client that wants me to update their site from J!1.0 to 1.5 - and in the process DT Register 2.3.2 to the latest version.
I've used DT Register (since that older version). But I've never had to make a transition from J1.0 to J!1.5.

I searched the forums here and FAQs and didn't find anything.

I'm guessing I need to update the 2.3.2 to the latest 1.0 release (2.6.4 I think), but then what do I need to do, just copy the data files to the new J!1.5 installation?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Upgrading from J!1.0.x to 1.5 with DTRegister 13 years 1 month ago #12402

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Wow... 2.3.2 is pretty old :) The lastest package for 1.0 is 2.4.6 and that is almost 2 years old itself. You'll need an active DT Register license. Then download the latest package. It will have everything you need as 1.0 and 1.5 packages are included. From the state you are at, you should do this:

1) Upgrade to 2.4.6 using the readme file instructions included.
2) Upgrade to 2.6.9, again following instructions.
3) Upgrade to 2.7.3, following instructions.

You should backup your existing database, then make another backup at each upgrade point... just to be safe. Moving from 2.3 to 2.7 is MASSIVE.. but doable. If you can do without your old 2.3 data, it would be easier to just wipe it out and get a clean install of 2.7 in Joomla 1.5. If you need to keep it... fine, just follow the upgrading instructions. Thanks.

Upgrading from J!1.0.x to 1.5 with DTRegister 13 years 1 month ago #12408

• cpaschen
  • cpaschen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks!

Yes, I know it's old (been trying to get them to move to J!1.5 for a couple years).

And yes, they will have a new subscription as soon as I get done with the bid for the project.

Just curious ... how to get the data from J!1.0 to J!1.5 (does the joomla migration tool handle that? - or just a manual transfer of tables?) [It's been WAY too long since I last did a 1.0 to 1.5 migration.]

Upgrading from J!1.0.x to 1.5 with DTRegister 13 years 1 month ago #12414

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that part :) The migrator will not get the DT Reg data for you. You will need to export all of the DT Reg database tables from the 1.0 database (all start like "jos_dtregister_" plus "jos_event_waiting"). After you setup the 1.5 database, import the DT Reg tables into the new database. THEN install the 1.5 version of the component. It will not remove your old data, but will update the tables as needed.

Also, if you are going to keep using JEvents, you'll have to upgrade that too. Be aware though that once you get to version 2.7.x of DT Reg, JEvents is no longer needed. You can keep it if you want though.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds