• Page:

TOPIC: How Do I Create a Donation Page?

How Do I Create a Donation Page? 9 years 9 months ago #23552

• tffinc
  • tffinc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Help. I purchased DT Donate and already having issues with its use. First of all, how do I actually put a donation page on the website using DT Donate? I have put in my custom fields and did all the setup but I can't find how to make it actually show up on the website?

Also, I must be able to have it so a person donating can tell us what they want to apply their donation to... i.e. Designated Fund (that they want to designate).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by nathan.dth.

How Do I Create a Donation Page? 9 years 9 months ago #23553

• tffinc
  • tffinc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Also, our church wants to allow people to give to different funds. For example, the need to be able to donate to any or all of these funds: General Fund, Building Fund and then a Designated Fund (where they can tell what they are giving specifically to). So, for example, if I gave $10.00 to the General Fund and $20 to the Building Fund and say $100 for a designated fund, I would need it to add $10 + $20 + $100 = $120 and pass the $120 to PayPal so the church accountant will know who the money is from and what they are donating to. This is WHY I paid for this software because in your description, you made it look like I could do just this.

Please respond today to each of my questions.

How Do I Create a Donation Page? 9 years 9 months ago #23555

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
First, you just need to create a menu item, just like you would any other component. Create a Joomla menu item and select "DT Donate" from the list of components. There's only one option to choose there within DT Donate. Select it, name it, etc and there you have it!

Second, these are standard funds for churches and hundreds and hundreds of churches, ministries and non-profits have used DT Donate for this exact purpose. The user types in the total amount of the donation, and that is what is passed to PayPal or whatever you use. The custom fields allow the user to designate how much of that amount is for each fund. It doesn't auto-total them though.

This can be seen on our demo sites and can be tested yourself pre-purchase. Any other questions, let us know.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

How Do I Create a Donation Page? 5 years 11 months ago #27646

• figadvertising
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Is there no module for this?

How Do I Create a Donation Page? 5 years 11 months ago #27647

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
@figadvertising, no there is no module. One is not needed for the donation form. It is a component, so the main display is as other components are and uses the content area of your site.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

How Do I Create a Donation Page? 5 years 11 months ago #27648

• figadvertising
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
That's very inconvenient, how do I fget a refund?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds