Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: PLEASE HELP - How do I add custom field variable to Paypal

PLEASE HELP - How do I add custom field variable to Paypal 11 years 11 months ago #17630

• omojesu
  • omojesu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Please how do I add one of my custom fields in the variable that is sent to Paypal when a visitor donates via dtdonate. right now, paypal is just returning all donations as Online Donation. I have several donation types (added as custom field) that the visitors have to choose from to let us know what they are donating towards. We need that variable sent over to Paypal to differentiate donation types in Paypal records.

Please advise...thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

PLEASE HELP - How do I add custom field variable to Paypal 11 years 11 months ago #17637

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello. There is presently no functionality to do this. This is something we'll have to develop into future builds.

PLEASE HELP - How do I add custom field variable to Paypal 11 years 11 months ago #17646

• omojesu
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Will it be possible to tell us what files to modify and what the session or variable name is created for the custom fields...I think knowing this can help us substitute the hard coded generic term...online giving that is sent to PayPal...I am thinking this should be possible since you are capturing the custom variables in the backend/database.

Thanks

PLEASE HELP - How do I add custom field variable to Paypal 11 years 11 months ago #17727

• omojesu
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Any response?All I want is for you to please point me to the necessary files and will try and figure this out myself. I have made some attempts but the result is still the same.

In paypal.php on line 73, I added:

$this->view->assign('Gift_type', $Gift_type);

where Gift_type is the custom form field selected by the visitor. That didn't output in the email sent by paypal to notify me of payment as desired.

PLEASE HELP - How do I add custom field variable to Paypal 11 years 10 months ago #17768

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
If you want us to do custom work for you, which this is, then submit a ticket in the customizations category. We will quote the project for you and move from there. To dig through and detail out the work here... we may as well do it. Still time involved, so do it through a custom project. Thanks.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds