• Page:

TOPIC: DT Register Extension for Joomla3.4

DT Register Extension for Joomla3.4 9 years 3 weeks ago #24314

• mds2907
  • mds2907's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Our Client has a joomla1.5 website which uses DT register for event registration. This website has to be migrated to joomla3.4. I would like to know that whether DT register supports joomla3.4. If it supports and if I purchase the same and install on my new joomla3.4 website, how would I copy the data from old DT register table to the new ones?

Thanks,
mds2907

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DT Register Extension for Joomla3.4 9 years 3 weeks ago #24316

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Hello! Yes, DT Register supports Joomla 3.4 with the current build of DT Register. When you purchase it, you'll find a readme file inside with step by step instructions on migrating the DT Reg data from Joomla 1.5. Thanks!

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

DT Register Extension for Joomla3.4 9 years 2 weeks ago #24318

• mds2907
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Nathan,

I have purchased DT register version 3.1.0. Now I will be trying tutorials on how to that. This is the first time that I am using it. So if you could provide me a link where specifically it points to migration related steps would be much helpful.
I am trying and going through all the stuff where I can gian maximum knowledge on migration.

Thanks,
mds2907

DT Register Extension for Joomla3.4 9 years 2 weeks ago #24319

• mds2907
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I have started to read the readme_dtregister_J3x.txt after downloding the DT register latest version. While reading I came across this line which says
"If you are migrating from Joomla 1.5 to 3.x, you must first make sure you have upgraded DT Register in 1.5 to the latest version for 1.5. BACKUP ALL FILES AND DATA first before you do anything!!! If you migrate to 3.x with an older version of DT Register in place, you WILL have issues. Be aware that you do not UPGRADE to 3.x, you MIGRATE... meaning you build a separate site, then move your 1.5 data into the newly setup site."

Also I have checked the " www.dthdevelopment.com/tutorials/dt-regi...ion-comparisons.html " where it shows that the latest version 2.7.19

Can I install DT register 3.1.0 to my j3.4 site and copy DT register datatables from my old j1.5 site and import those tables into j3.4 database?

Please do advice.

Thanks,
mds2907

DT Register Extension for Joomla3.4 9 years 2 weeks ago #24322

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
The DT Register package you have contains a Joomla 1.5 folder that has the latest version for 1.5. You need to update the 1.5 site to that version (which is 2.7.25). Use the readme file instructions in that folder for updating the 1.5 site.

Then follow the migration instructions from there. You must have your imported 1.5 data in your new Joomla 3 database BEFORE you install DT Register on the Joomla 3 site... as stated in the readme file. It will then use your imported data and just update it as needed.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds