• Page:

TOPIC: url re_write makes dtbill unusable

url re_write makes dtbill unusable 15 years 5 months ago #2558

• digitalpure
  • digitalpure's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am trying to use friendly_urls via .htaccess to create working links in my menu.

I have a base 1.5.7 install, and the latest (10/29/08 download) of dtbill. I have friendly url, modwrite, and .html appending set via global configuration.

I then go to Menu (mainmenu) and click new->dtbill and call the button \"Billing Support\" with a \"billing\" alias therefore the url that joomla will create will be /billing.html for this page based on the alias you create for the page.

Save, and go to live site and refresh. \"Billing Support\" button is present. Clicking it though goes to 404 page.

The ONLY way that I can get it to work with a base install, if to turn off the friendly URLs and allow the dynamic url (index.php?option=com_dtbilling&Itemid=2) to show in the address bar.

This is VERY VERY VERY undesirable, as I do not want dynamic url\'s, and I need the site to be VERY VERY SEO friendly, and while it is possible with dynamic URL\'s, Joomla is so bad at multiple writes, I can easily get duplicate content.

Anyone else running into this. I have NOT opened a ticket for this yet, but will be 11/10/08 if I do not hear from the developer or the community.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

url re_write makes dtbill unusable 15 years 5 months ago #2581

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
What component are you using for SEF urls? I would suggest for now setting the component to ignore DT Billing so it creates SEF urls for other content, but not DT Billing. It\'s not like you need someone\'s invoice to get indexed in Google :)

We do have more work to do to DT Billing, but are focused on finishing the new DT Register first. We\'ll get back to this component very soon and finish the next release which we were already working on previously before it had to get put to the side due to other circumstances.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds