TOPIC: [SOLVED] Event Calendar Has Blank Dispay

[SOLVED] Event Calendar Has Blank Dispay 6 years 6 months ago #27133

• ERGSR
  • ERGSR's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm running Joomla! 3.8.0 and DT Register 3.2.3a

When trying to bring up a the Events Calendar, the image comes up with headings but a blank display with "Loading Data" running across the top, but it never completes (see attachment). The security settings are fairly strict on my website and wondered if I have a configuration issue or need to whitelist an external URL, which I have already had to do for other functions. Also, all the DT plugs are Enabled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by nathan.dth.

Event Calendar Has Blank Dispay 6 years 6 months ago #27134

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Yes this would be due to settings on your site. Things to check:

- if you have Joomla's config or your template set to compress all scripts on your site, you'll have to make exceptions so these files are NOT included in your compression:

/components/com_dtregister/assets/js/dt_jquery.js
/components/com_dtregister/assets/js/calendar/wdCalendar_lang_US.php

- if you have security in place (in your .htaccess file likely) that restricts access to various directories and files, you need to make sure the above files are directly accessible.

- make sure site permissions are correct. Directories should be 755 and files 644, from the top level containing the Joomla install on down. Bad permissions could cause this problem too.

There are many other options, but these would be the first items to check. If you can't figure it out, you'll have to submit a ticket with admin access so we can check it out directly.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Event Calendar Has Blank Dispay 6 years 6 months ago #27137

• ERGSR
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Everything seems to check out as you recommended; I've submitted a ticket as suggested.

Event Calendar Has Blank Dispay 6 years 6 months ago #27154

• ERGSR
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
After updating to Joomla! 3.8.1 and DT Register 3.2.4, I also whitelisted my own site; the calendar is now functioning properly.

Event Calendar Has Blank Dispay 6 years 6 months ago #27155

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Glad to hear it. By the way, I don't see a ticket from you on this. Regardless, all is well now so... :)

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds