Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Registrants not getting confirmation emails since update but admins are

[SOLVED] Registrants not getting confirmation emails since update but admins are 6 years 7 months ago #27093

• Alaskan
  • Alaskan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Since the 3.2.3 update, it seems that when someone registers for events created after the update, they are not receiving the confirmation email sent to registrants but, the admin notification emails are being sent out and being received.

I first noticed this when testing for a new event. The admin notification email came in fine but the registrant (email address) never received an email.

During this same time, older events, created before the update, seemed to be working fine, as registrants confirmed receiving their confirmation email when they registered.

As a test, I created another brand new (post update to DT Register) event, kept it very simple, and the same thing happened; the admin notification email was sent and received but the registrant didn't receive any email.

I have submitted a ticket about this and I have checked, double and triple checked all settings and have contact both the host (GoDaddy) and email provider (Google) and all settings check out. I am wondering if something changed with the DT Register update that might be causing this issue.

Is there anyone else out there that has experienced this issue or that can reproduce it, with a new test event, built post update (3.2.3) that can report back on this post?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by nathan.dth.

Registrants not getting confirmation emails since update but admins are 6 years 7 months ago #27094

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
No one but you has reported any such issue. The update is fine. The problem is on your end somewhere. We'll continue through your already existing ticket.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Registrants not getting confirmation emails since update but admins are 6 years 7 months ago #27095

• kbanasiak
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
We are receiving 2 emails for each registration. This is happening on all 10 sites that we host that have DT Register installed.

Perhaps the email issues are related?

Registrants not getting confirmation emails since update but admins are 6 years 7 months ago #27103

• Alaskan
  • Alaskan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

nathan.dth wrote: No one but you has reported any such issue. The update is fine. The problem is on your end somewhere. We'll continue through your already existing ticket.

Thanks for looking into this as soon as possible. I updated my ticket with some information gleaned from testing. It appears all worked OK until I updated DT Register so it seems somehow related but I do not know what the issue is. Weird that admin notification emails are going out and being received fine but not the registrants confirmation email. Sure do need a remedy soon due to number of registration events. Thanks for your help.

Registrants not getting confirmation emails since update but admins are 6 years 4 months ago #27295

• Ginjg
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
This just developed on our site after upgrade to 3.2.6.1 but was just reported to us today.

Registrants not getting confirmation emails since update but admins are 6 years 4 months ago #27296

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
There is no DT Register issue with sending emails. I just confirmed this on @ginjg's site as I registered for an event on her site and received the email without issue.

If someone doesn't receive their email, it is either:

1) user error... as in they can't find it in their junk mail folder or something like that.
2) mail server issue... as in your mail server doesn't like their email address and will not send to it.
3) THEIR mail server doesn't like your address or sending IP and blocked the email.

Either way, DT Register itself is working. Thanks!

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.624 seconds