Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Joomla update not working, link to download gives 404

Joomla update not working, link to download gives 404 6 years 7 months ago #27062

Trying to update in Joomla 3.7.5, but I always get this error:

Warning

Error connecting to the server: 401
Error
Failed to download package. Download it and install manually from www.dthdevelopment.com/downloads/DTRegister3_2_2_PKG_J3x.zip

When I click on the link to download it gives a 404.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Joomla update not working, link to download gives 404 6 years 7 months ago #27066

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
What version do you have installed currently? We haven't received other reports of the built-in Joomla update not working.

Make sure you have your license key entered into the DT Register options. Without it, that update will not work.

To download the package directly, you'll have to do it from My Orders on our website.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Joomla update not working, link to download gives 404 6 years 7 months ago #27116

• searles
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
For what it's worth, I've had the same issue, but I just downloaded it from your site and manually uploaded it. I wonder if other users did the same thing and that's why you're not hearing about this issue.

Joomla update not working, link to download gives 404 6 years 6 months ago #27145

• sean_nwfs
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have the same issue. I am running Joomla 3.8.0. Trying to upgrade to DT Reg 3.2.4.

Joomla update not working, link to download gives 404 6 years 6 months ago #27146

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Go to the Update Sites manager in Joomla admin. Make sure the record for DT Register has this URL:

www.dthdevelopment.com/dtregister.xml

If it has "extension.xml", delete it. It's old and wrong. We've verified on some test sites that the Joomla updater is working with the new 3.2.4 update. If it doesn't work on your site, it's because your updater has the wrong info... or something else within your site is keeping it from working.

Also, of course, make sure you have provided the license key in DT Register's options. You get that key from "My Licenses" on this site (link in the bottom corner along with My Orders). You must have the license key entered in DT Register options... and the license key must be connected to the correct domain name, which would be the domain name entered when you purchased the component.

When you see "Error connecting to the server: 401" that definitely means you have a license key issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sean_nwfs

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .
Last Edit: by nathan.dth.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds