• Page:

TOPIC: Event Capacity Option

Event Capacity Option 7 years 1 month ago #26717

• shootfast
  • shootfast's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I have an event organizer that has a Group registration and needs to cap the number of groups to 50. The number of members in each group will vary between 2 and 10.

Is there a way to use the Event Capacity Option to work for number of groups, not number of individuals? From playing with the registration forms it appears that this Event Capacity option only addresses the total number of participants. Is this correct or can we change how this field works?

Thanks for the help,

S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Event Capacity Option 7 years 1 month ago #26718

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
No, the event capacity can not be configured to count the number of groups. I would instead suggest this:

- use only individual registration and set capacity for the max number of groups.
- create a custom selection field (dropdown) for selecting number of people in the group (2-10).
- create fields as needed for each group member, like Member1_Name, Member1_Phone, etc and set those fields as conditional fields, so the fields only show in the appropriate group size is selected.
- if you are collecting multiple pieces of data for each group member, I'd suggest a textual field for each one to be used as a heading/separator for each set of group member fields.

Hope that helps!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds