Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Registrators name wrong, both in emails and backend, lang problems

Registrators name wrong, both in emails and backend, lang problems 7 years 2 months ago #26661

• bdonner
  • bdonner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
After a few months break from registrations, I needed to take registrations for an event again. I set up the event and started testing. This time we have the following problems:

a) There are two emails sent to the registered person. One with the right name, in top (ie [FIRSTNAME] works OK) but then, when [FIRSTNAME] is called again further down in the email, the name is incorrect, it is a name that I used when testing an event many weeks ago. And ANOTHER email with the wrong name in [FIRSTNAME] in top of the email and further down, now these names are both the name I used when testing many weeks ago. NOT the name the registrant entered.

b) the registrant is saved with the wrong name (the test name from many weeks back) in mysql / in the Records listing.

c) Unsure about this but it seems weird: When I in the backend press the registrant name (which is wrong) I get to a page with the record data. In this page, the name is not shown at all, neither is a title for the name label. Perhaps this is as it should be, just seems very odd.

2. The Falang-translated Thank you -message (DT Registers owm, not a URL rewrite) after registering takes half of the message from DT Register's config, and the rest from falang. I use no cache and the use of falang is straightforward and works everywhere else on the site. Is there something in DT Register that tries to prevent a cached copy of strings and uses abnormal ways of fetching sql data?

Joomla 3.6.5
DT Register 3.1.13

Ben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by bdonner.

Registrators name wrong, both in emails and backend, lang problems 7 years 2 months ago #26662

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
And the versions of Joomla and DT Register being used are.... ??

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Registrators name wrong, both in emails and backend, lang problems 7 years 2 months ago #26664

• bdonner
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Joomla 3.6.5
DT Register 3.1.13

Registrators name wrong, both in emails and backend, lang problems 7 years 2 months ago #26702

• bdonner
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Any news on this?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds