Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Problem with Registrations: Data not Saving after Entering Fields/Registration Free?

[SOLVED] Problem with Registrations: Data not Saving after Entering Fields/Registration Free? 7 years 8 months ago #26213

• Mike Smart
  • Mike Smart's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi -

We've got a fairly serious problem with our current conference registration. I'll try to describe it here:

A user enters data in the conference registration fields, then clicks on Next Step.

The next page displays, asking them to confirm their data below. However, there is no data displayed. The page is empty, except for a "Next Step" button.

When the user clicks on "Next Step", it registers them for the conference for free, and skips the payment process.

Any ideas what's going on and how we can fix it?

We're running Joomla 3.6 and 3.1.9a

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by nathan.dth.

Problem with Conference Registrations: Data not Saving after Entering Fields/Registration Free? 7 years 8 months ago #26214

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Hello. Please update to DT Register 3.1.10 and you should find this is resolved. If it continues to happen, please submit a ticket with admin access and we'll check it out.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Problem with Conference Registrations: Data not Saving after Entering Fields/Registration Free? 7 years 8 months ago #26215

• Mike Smart
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Okay, thanks. Will do.

I'll report back. It appears to be intermittent. It isn't happening to everyone, and looking at it more closely, there were some other issues with the registration flow asking people to fill in information twice.

I'll update now and report back right away though.

Thanks so much for the quick reply!

Problem with Conference Registrations: Data not Saving after Entering Fields/Registration Free? 7 years 8 months ago #26216

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
The last update includes a fix where we saw this issue (actually only reported by one other user) where... intermittently... the confirmation page would contain no data. What was happening was the session was being lost due to the number of fee calculations, conditional fields, etc being used. After updating, you should be fine though.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Problem with Conference Registrations: Data not Saving after Entering Fields/Registration Free? 7 years 8 months ago #26218

• Mike Smart
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Yes, this would describe our situation too. There are a lot of fields to the event and two conditional fees. The problem was intermittent for us too.

I've applied the update. Running a few tests, I can't recreate the error. At this point, all appears to be working fine.

Thanks so much for the help!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds