• Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] RokBooster Conflict

[SOLVED] RokBooster Conflict 7 years 10 months ago #26117

• AlexR
  • AlexR's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I recently installed RokBooster on a site that also has DTRegister and there appears to be some conflicts which prevent the calendar view page from loading properly when the RolBooster plugin enabled.

RokBooster. RokBooster is an advanced performance plugin, that will compress and collate your CSS and JavaScript files; alongside data URL conversion for Fonts as well as inline or background images, which converts files to inline data. RokBooster therefore reduces the HTTP calls count as well as the data load size, dramatically increasing site speed. ( www.rockettheme.com/joomla/extensions/rokbooster )

Anyone run into similar issues?

Also noticed this message when Inspecting calendar page in Chrome : JQMIGRATE: jQuery.browser is deprecated (components/com_dtregister/assets/js/dt_jquery.js). Not sure if this is a related issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by nathan.dth.

RokBooster Conflict 7 years 10 months ago #26118

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
This type of thing has been discussed many times here. RokBooster is just one optional plugin that can cause issues like this. JQuery Easy is a popular one. Any plugin, or template, that has a "feature" that compresses and/or replaces scripts in your site is bad news for DT Register (and some other extensions). This is why most of these plugins have optional settings to ignore / exclude certain components, files, etc. If you feel the need to use this plugin, you'll have to make it ignore all DT Register directories. Our custom JQuery script can NOT be compressed with other scripts or replaced by some default version. It will break not just the calendar, but multiple pieces of functionality through DT Register.

Nothing for us to fix here... just modify settings as needed in your plugin.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

RokBooster Conflict 7 years 10 months ago #26119

• AlexR
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Is JQuery Easy a better choice or is this also not going to work well with DTRegister.

The reason I looked at some performance improving plugin was due to a suggestion from a new Google test tool that I was informed about: testmysite.thinkwithgoogle.com/

I'd hate to think google or other search engines penalize sites for poor performance, especially if tools are available to help address them.

[SOLVED] RokBooster Conflict 7 years 10 months ago #26120

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
I don't know if one of those tools is better than the other. As stated though, any such plugin CAN usually be used, but it has to be configured to exclude all DT Register files.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

[SOLVED] RokBooster Conflict 7 years 10 months ago #26121

• AlexR
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
What directories are recommended I exclude?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.421 seconds