Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Edit fields while event still open for registration

Edit fields while event still open for registration 7 years 10 months ago #25995

• dashx
  • dashx's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I have a field that consists of districts; it is NOT conditional. It is like the state or province fields. The districts for this group have been reconfigured in the midst of their registration process. This affects printing name badges and onsite reports that will be run to get several different statistics of districts.

Can I alter this field while registration is in use?
Can I alter it after registration but before onsite use?
If so, will it adversely affect the records in any way?

I have over 500 attendees.

thx for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Edit fields while event still open for registration 7 years 10 months ago #25998

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
You can add to the END of a list of selection field values... but you can NOT change the ordering in the middle of a registration. Changes like that can be made UNTIL you have records for the event. Once you have records, changing selection field values will modify the values chosen by existing registrants.

See more info and existing forum discussion on this topic here:

www.dthdevelopment.com/index.php?option=...658&Itemid=141#25147
The following user(s) said Thank You: dashx

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Edit fields while event still open for registration 7 years 10 months ago #25999

• dashx
  • dashx's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thank you, Nathan. I did several searches for previous threads, and did not come up with anything. I've read the other short thread and if I'm understanding correctly:

I can make changes but the ID number associated with the field selections will then not match up with the what registrants selected during registration.

After registration closes, I can add the new field selections to the end of the list, then make necessary edits in records.

Last Edit: by dashx.

Edit fields while event still open for registration 7 years 10 months ago #26000

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Yes, you can make changes to a selection field before and after registrations are active. During, it will mess things up. Even after, it will change existing records. You may not care once the event is over, but just so you know. But you can change the field for when it gets used next.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds