Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Return from successful PayPal goes to 404 error page

Return from successful PayPal goes to 404 error page 8 years 2 months ago #25606

• smallbiz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi get a similar problem. The URL contains Itemid= with no associated value. When I changed it to Itemid=1 and manually clicked the link, no 404 error, and registration was successful.

In my case, sometimes the IPN url contains Itemid=0 -- which also results in a blank page (Itemid set to 1 works okay)...

But I have no idea where in the code to address this....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by smallbiz.

Return from successful PayPal goes to 404 error page 8 years 2 months ago #25608

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Please update to 3.1.6g and you should find this issue as resolved. Thanks!

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Return from successful PayPal goes to 404 error page 8 years 2 months ago #25610

• Hammerhead
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Nathan, do you think this might also solve the issue we're having with VirtualDomains?
(see my post in the forum here regarding the problem)

Return from successful PayPal goes to 404 error page 8 years 2 months ago #25627

• ernienet
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
One of my customers is reporting this today. DT Register 3.1.6h, Jooomla 3.4.8 w/SEF and URL Rewriting ON, and no 3rd party redirect stuff.

This is an existing site, and DT Register worked for PayPal for their last event (last September).

Screen shot from PayPal attached.

Also attached second screen shot showing the PayPal account email first and then my email address (registrant) preceding the PayPal error page - why is it showing these email addresses?

Not sure what to do here.

Thank you,

Ernie
Attachments:

• Rendering Error in layout Attachment/Item: Property "protected" is not defined. Please enable debug mode for more information.

• Rendering Error in layout Attachment/Item: Property "protected" is not defined. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Last Edit: by ernienet. Reason: Adding attachment showing preceding screen shot.

Return from successful PayPal goes to 404 error page 8 years 2 months ago #25630

• ernienet
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
I tested PayPal on another site, and it's working correctly, although I did get an error the first time (attached - Capture_paypal.png).

The customer getting the error re-confirmed her email address. The distinction between this site and the site that works is that it exposes the email addresses (the PayPal account email address and the registrant's email) in the redirect screen on the web site side before going to PayPal.

I've attached the redirect from the site that works for comparison - Capture_site.png.

Thank you,

Ernie
Attachments:

Last Edit: by ernienet. Reason: Correct error description
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds