TOPIC: [SOLVED] Category bug in 3.1.5?

[SOLVED] Category bug in 3.1.5? 8 years 4 months ago #25145

• soccerbum
  • soccerbum's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I just upgraded to 3.1.5 from 3.1.4b (Joomla 3.4.5) and everything went smoothly. I was able to upgrade each component within the Joomla 3.x package without issue. Tonight I had to add a new category (first time in 4+ years I think) and proceeded to add new events without issue.

However, when I go to my main site to check if my new events show up, they do not. I then go into DT Register Upcoming Events module and tweak the number of showed events from 4 to 6 then 'Save and Close'. I reload the page and now I go from having the 4 events show up to 0 events. The new category was added as a subcategory and has three other fellow subcategories. If, in the DT Register Upcoming Events, I set it from "Adult Sessions" to "Select Category" I see all of the sessions I'd created plus some other events that do not belong to the "Adult Sessions". However, if I change it back to "Adult Sessions" all I see is "There are no upcoming events."

Anyone else see this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by nathan.dth.

Category bug in 3.1.5? 8 years 4 months ago #25183

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Hello. This issue has nothing to do with the component itself, but the upcoming events module. It was only showing events from the selected category... but did not include events from sub-categories. We have updated the module and the category selection is now multi-select, so you can select every category that you want to be included.

Download the DT Register package and reinstall it to get the updated module.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds