Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] DT Register component not found in Joomla 3.4 and cannot be installed

[SOLVED] DT Register component not found in Joomla 3.4 and cannot be installed 9 years 1 month ago #24183

• Chris@XtremeSpeed
  • Chris@XtremeSpeed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
We just upgraded our site from Joomla 2.5.28 to J 3.4. DT Register from 2.8.9b to latest.

In Joomla 3.4, the component shows as available and enabled in Extensions > Manage. DT Register displays in the Components menu, but returns an error when trying to access it: "404 Component not found".

Attempting to install DT Register results in this error:

Error

Please enter a package directory.

Unable to find install package

So I've gone through all of the normal debugging, cache, find updates, fix database, upload max in php.ini, but to no avail. I've even tried to remove the component files from the code base and then install, but no change. Install from directory doesn't work either. Same error about package directory and install package.

All of my other components installed and upgraded without issues. Progress now stopped dead with DT Register.

Anyone have a ideas about this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by nathan.dth.

DT Register component not found in Joomla 3.4 and cannot be installed 9 years 1 month ago #24188

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Due to an issue in Joomla 3.4.0, you will have to use the Install from Directory option to install DT Register. It is something that will be fixed for 3.4.1.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

DT Register component not found in Joomla 3.4 and cannot be installed 9 years 1 month ago #24189

• Chris@XtremeSpeed
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Install from directory doesn't work either. Same result. Appreciate any other suggestions?

DT Register component not found in Joomla 3.4 and cannot be installed 9 years 1 month ago #24190

• Chris@XtremeSpeed
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok, I got DT Register installed. Here's what I did:

1) Roll back administrator/com_installer to the package included with Joomla 3.3.6. This at least changed the error message received when trying to install from upload or directory. Note the component still would not install by either of those methods.

2) Instead use Install from URL. Place the package com_dtregister3_0_9a_J3x.zip in the /tmp directory and then call it via Install from URL, not via directory, i.e.: Install from URL = yoursite.com/tmp/com_dtregister3_0_9a_J3x.zip

Worked for us. Now the question is will DT Register work properly.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds