• sgrandt
  • sgrandt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,
i got an other question.
the Events have Detail information.
I found this out: if a detail link is in my menu as an articel blog or something else it works with dtregister.
I Mean i press the details button and the articel is shown.
But if an articel doesn't have a menu item and i press the details. it will load my mainpage (its made of modules that are loaded on the home page) and below the articel... i tried to made invisible menu items.. same problem...
Need help :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by nathan.dth.

Event Details Problem 9 years 1 month ago #24178

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Yes a Joomla menu item for the article category that contains your event detail articles is usually needed. This would be something like the blog style article category menu item. It does not have to be in a visible menu, but just should exist.

What is happening on your site is that the details link has no Itemid to use (menu item), and your template is setup to default to the home page when there is no Itemid in the URL. Having this category menu item in place should give it something to use. If it still doesn't work right, you can also take the ID from the new menu item and put it in the EventLink plugin parameters. This is usually not needed, but is there for times when you have to force things a little bit.

So either have a menu item for it to utilize an ID from... or change that setting in your template so it doesn't default to the home page when an ItemID is not present..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds