TOPIC: PayFast Intergration: Testing

PayFast Intergration: Testing 9 years 2 months ago #24062

• elombard
  • elombard's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I'm copying and pasting the Merchant ID and Key we've received from payfast directly into the payment option set-up, but every time I try to run a test it gives me the attached error (invalid Merchant_Key)

Could you please assist?

Thanks.

Rendering Error in layout Attachment/Item: Property "protected" is not defined. Please enable debug mode for more information.
Attachments:

• Rendering Error in layout Attachment/Item: Property "protected" is not defined. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

PayFast Intergration: Testing 9 years 2 months ago #24064

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Make sure you don't have any extra spaces included before or after the pasted info.

What version of DT Register is it exactly?

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

PayFast Intergration: Testing 9 years 2 months ago #24065

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Also, is the pay option set to Live or Test mode? Whichever it is... try the other option and see if the result is different.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

PayFast Intergration: Testing 9 years 2 months ago #24069

• elombard
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the quick response.

It's only giving the error when I'm in testing mode. Which is fine, but I need to test the set up and email configuration before I can put it into live mode.

PayFast Intergration: Testing 9 years 2 months ago #24071

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Please put it in live mode just long enough for you to run a test. Live mode is the only REAL test anyway to see exactly what a user would see, completely. If it works in live mode, then you at least will know your info is correct and then we can just track down what is maybe wrong with test mode.

[SOLVED] PayFast Intergration: Testing 9 years 2 months ago #24072

• elombard
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Am I supposed to complete a transaction in Live mode?

The only reason I want to run it through test mode is to ensure that the user and admin emails are working as they should. If I have to submit live transactions 4/5 times to make sure everything is in working order I'll be paying through my ears in service fees.

For the next person with this problem I'd simply say: Set the event fee to 0, register and test the emails as needed and then run a test purchase with Payfast Live Mode.

Last Edit: by elombard.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds