Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: SQL Error 1064 with sorting categories and event registration form, help!!

SQL Error 1064 with sorting categories and event registration form, help!! 9 years 3 months ago #24005

• soundtraxx
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm rebuilding my site back to Joomla 3.3.1. I know that worked previously; I am assuming DTRegister is not fully compatible with 3.3.6.

Nathan responded to my ticket, but told me he couldn't replicate it, even though me and countless others have replicated it on my site.

I have the same problem as the OP and in this thread he stated he could apply a fix earlier in this thread; I wish he would have just applied the fix.

Markholmes, did your problem start occurring when you upgraded Joomla to 3.3.6?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SQL Error 1064 with sorting categories and event registration form, help!! 9 years 3 months ago #24006

• markholmesphoto
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
@soundtraxx I believe the error did start with 3.3.6, but it didn't become apparent until I added a new event. I did manage to get my events back by changing the categories, but I needed to add a new event and it went down again. I have been unable to fix it. Thanks for the tip about 3.3.1, I am going to try this.

SQL Error 1064 with sorting categories and event registration form, help!! 9 years 3 months ago #24009

• soundtraxx
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
To make this a quicker fix, I created a new 3.3.1 site with only the shell of my template installed and DT Register.

I'm using my regular website for all aspects, but for the registrations it links to a temporary joomla installation I named /build/. Then I created my menu items as external links to my original 3.3.6 website, but all registrations are processed on the temporary 3.3.1 installation.

That way I didn't have to rebuild my entire site, I just have two joomla installations, with 1 only used for DTRegister until Nathan fixes this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZeilraceRally

SQL Error 1064 with sorting categories and event registration form, help!! 9 years 3 months ago #24011

• markholmesphoto
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
File: administrator/components/com_dtregister/models/event.php

Under function findallevents()

Commented out $this->count_sql query

It is used for pagination, you can always increase # of events per page to 30-40 to show events on one page.

This is a temp fix until the developer fixes the issue.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds