Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SOLVED] DT_Register not compatible with users who use Community Builder and have upgraded to CB 2.0

[SOLVED] DT_Register not compatible with users who use Community Builder and have upgraded to CB 2.0 8 years 5 months ago #25103

• Hammerhead
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Roger that. That explanation wasn't made clear in either set of documentation. Makes sense now.

Ok, so jog my memory - how do we redirect to the CB registration from the DTR event registration?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Hammerhead.

[SOLVED] DT_Register not compatible with users who use Community Builder and have upgraded to CB 2.0 8 years 5 months ago #25105

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
You do NOT redirect to CB registration. The event registration in DT handles the event AND the user registration at the same time... so instead of CB registration pages.

When you have this feature enabled for the event... and a registrant is not already logged in... the event form then has a username and password box at the top to fill out. Then all of the rest of the event fields are synced with CB profile fields as you have set up. When the registration is completed, a new CB user is also created with all of the data that was synced with DT.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

[SOLVED] DT_Register not compatible with users who use Community Builder and have upgraded to CB 2.0 8 years 5 months ago #25116

• Hammerhead
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
I seem to recall that CB Registration was before event registration, so that we could capture specific student data (like fields to gather their current 1st Responder certifications) before they were registered for a class. Am I recalling this incorrectly? Is there any way to do this?

Last Edit: by Hammerhead.

[SOLVED] DT_Register not compatible with users who use Community Builder and have upgraded to CB 2.0 8 years 5 months ago #25117

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
You CAN do it that way... but do not have to. The main purpose of the user creation in DT Register is to not have to have two steps like that.

If you want to use the CB registration first, then you need to setup your events as "private" instead of "public". Then you can force registrants to create an account and login prior to registering for an event. You can set the private functionality in config to either post a message that you create... or to link to a URL, like the CB registration for example.

If you do this, the auto user creation within DT Register would be not needed and void.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

[SOLVED] DT_Register not compatible with users who use Community Builder and have upgraded to CB 2.0 8 years 5 months ago #25119

• Hammerhead
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Understood. I seem to remember it working differently. Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.287 seconds