• Page:

TOPIC: Confirm Email. Why?

Confirm Email. Why? 9 years 7 months ago #23744

• Frankyboy
  • Frankyboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I have DTRegister use the details from my Easysocial users. I did choose the JomSocial integration on the preferences and this seem to work for the basic info.

The name and email is nicely filled in the form automatically but the user is asked to confirm this email address again. Why? This seem to be unneeded and unwanted. The first email address is not even editable so why ask them to do this?

I like to make things as easy as possible!!! Can this be changed in he settings, in the code or in future updates?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Confirm Email. Why? 9 years 7 months ago #23746

• andybon
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi. Just jumping in with a warning. EasySocial integration is perhaps the most requested feature now for DT Reg BUT it's not in place yet! So if you've got it working I think it must only be because of your legacy JomSocial tables... These won't update if you're site is now on EasySocial... they just lurk in your database until you remove them.... so if your users change their details with EasySocial, the DT Reg social integration won't pick up the change... We're all hoping EasySocial integration will come soon!!!!!

(Agree with your point 100% on the email though when integration is used!)

Confirm Email. Why? 9 years 7 months ago #23747

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Email confirmation is there by default, but you can disable it.... and have always been able to do so! Go to the email field in the field management area and you can disable the confirmation field. This is not dependent on auto-population from the profile... but is either always on or always off. Just letting you know it is possible to disable it.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Confirm Email. Why? 9 years 7 months ago #23750

• Frankyboy
  • Frankyboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Your warning, dear adybon, don't seem to be needed. I tried to change my name in Easysocial (backend) but the DTRegister form still comes up with my proper names filled in.

DTRegister is even smart enough to split the firstname and lastname from a fullname field.

I am using firstname / middlename / lastname field setup now in Easysocial but older users have there full name in the firstname field. Happy to see that this seem to work although it is not made as a real, complete and solid Easysocial integration.

And Nathan your info helped me here. Although I would like to have this confirmation field for non-registerd users I disided to give it a try and disabled it for all. Want to streamline things for my users and have them registered as easy as possible. Thank for the tip.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds