Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Is this possible - repeating event (sort of)

Is this possible - repeating event (sort of) 9 years 7 months ago #23685

• jaythistle
  • jaythistle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm looking for a way to sell a single event that spans several weeks, once a week. To clarify - an event named "Workshop Event" will run every Wednesday for four weeks. The fee for the event is $100, which covers all four evenings.

If I enter it as a recurring event every Wednesday for four week, it is created as four separate events, with a $100 fee for each evening - not the intention.

is this possible?

The only workaround I have found is just to create a single event, and then put the date information for the following evenings in the description of the event. Not terribly clean, and of course the following three evenings do not show in the calendar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by jaythistle.

Is this possible - repeating event (sort of) 9 years 7 months ago #23686

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
You are right that repeating events currently create each repeat as a separate event.

What most people do in that situation (if a calendar display is needed) is create two versions of the event, one for calendar display (the repeating event) and one for actual registration. Set the registration open date of the repeating event to the future so registration is never available. Put this event in a category used only for calendar view. Set the calendar to display only that one category. Create a non-repeating event (just spanning the full set of dates) to use for actual registration. Set a details article for the repeating event and set the calendar items to link to the details article, not registration. Then in the article, put a manual EventLink plugin link that goes to the NON-repeating version of the event. Also, set the calendar to NOT show the category filter buttons. If using the event list view also, set it as a category list and exclude your "calendar category".

So... might sound complicated, but it works. Many users have done this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds