• Page:

TOPIC: Possible to restrict events by a text field entered

Possible to restrict events by a text field entered 9 years 9 months ago #23561

• kcharney
  • kcharney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have an event where we are tracking a wait list manually since there are different ages that have different capacity restrictions along with m/f.

The question is that I would like to know if I can open up the event again and include something that would require people to enter in a code that I email them before they can register.

I don't want to open it up and have people register that I haven't sent the approval letter to and then have to cancel them.

Any Idea how I can accomplish this with DT Register...
Thanks for your help.
Kurt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Possible to restrict events by a text field entered 9 years 9 months ago #23563

• kcharney
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Update on this - I did find a work-around for now.
I created a drop down with a bunch of different numbers in it.
I email out the people that I am adding from the wait list a specific number.

If they select that number then all the fields become visible and they can register - the default number is not the correct one so all the fields are hidden.

It would be nice to also be able to enable text fields as conditional so that people couldn't guess as easily and you could send a code. Be nice the user could check case sensitive or not for the conditional text.

Just wanted to pass this on.
Thanks,
Kurt

Possible to restrict events by a text field entered 9 years 9 months ago #23566

• kcharney
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Just an update - I found a bug in the latest version that I have reported where if you use a conditional field to hide all your fields as I suggested and then display the registered record using the back end - all the fields will NOT display - and if you make the mistake of trying to change your dropdown to the one that enables it - which doesn't work in records view - and click save - your whole record will be deleted - bye bye....
Found out the hard way - just a heads up.

Registration works just fine - it is just the back end where you need to be aware of this. So ay field that is based upon a conditional field is not visible unless that conditional field value is met in records view.
But the scary part is that if you save it it deletes it from the database.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds