• Page:

TOPIC: Waitlist by selection

Waitlist by selection 9 years 9 months ago #23538

• kcharney
  • kcharney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I would like to know if there is an option to utilize the waitlist feature by selection.
Here is an example:

For camp we have three groups (Elementary, Pre-Teen, Teen)
We have a limited spot available for each.

I have recently learned that I can use the selection limits to limit the amount for each - but then users can no longer choose that selection.

so if each is limited to 100, I would like people to still have the option of selecting that entry but to be notified when they do that that selection is currently full and they will be put on a waiting list.

So if someone selects Pre-Teens that is full then they will be shown that it is full and they would be put on a waiting list - but if they select Teen or Elementary that it would process their request as normal ....

Is this possible - and if not now can it be added...

Thanks so much.
Kurt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Waitlist by selection 9 years 9 months ago #23541

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Hello. The waiting list is pretty simple at the present... and certainly has no tie to individual field options. We can consider that type of development, but I can't see it happening in the near future... unless someone pays for it as a custom item. If interested in that, let us know.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Waitlist by selection 9 years 7 months ago #23763

• natecovington
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Sounds like you need to enter each event separately into DT Register (Elementary, PreTeen, Teen) instead of combining them all into a single event and using a dropdown field...

Waitlist by selection 9 years 7 months ago #23764

• kcharney
  • kcharney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
The problem with that is that if the parent has multiple kids in different age group they will need to register the same information again and again.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds