Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Failed Registrations after Confirmation and clicking on "Next Step" button

[SOLVED] Failed Registrations after Confirmation and clicking on "Next Step" button 7 years 9 months ago #26141

hosted on CloudAccess.net
Joomla 2.5.19
DT Register 2.8.18

All of our events are public events.

When registering for an event, after the confirmation page when someone clicks on the "Next Step" button a blank page appears. In Google Chrome it comes up as "HTTP Error 500" but in Mozilla Firefox nothing appears at all.

In the forums and the readme.txt file I've seen references to make sure that "JomSocial" is not installed. I do not have it installed, at least I do not think I do because it does not appear in my list of at "Extensions > Plug-in Manager" in Joomla.

How do I find out if it is installed?

Can someone help me with this issue here in the forums or should I create a ticket?

Doug

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by nathan.dth.

Failed Registrations after Confirmation and clicking on "Next Step" button 7 years 9 months ago #26142

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Your problem is that you are trying to use the latest DT Register with a very old Joomla build. You should always have Joomla updated. Update to 2.5.28 WITH the patches provided here:

docs.joomla.org/Security_hotfixes_for_Joomla_EOL_versions

Then you will be fine. Joomla made many changes included in the security psych above. We adjusted for them. You must have everything current.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

[SOLVED] Failed Registrations after Confirmation and clicking on "Next Step" button 7 years 9 months ago #26143

Thank you for getting back to me Nathan.

I knew that there were more recent versions of 2.5 available but my hosting provider, CloudAccess.net, is supposed to be managing the upgrades to my instance.

I have reached out to them for assistance with upgrading to 2.5.28 and I'll let you, and others, know how it goes.

Eventually I will upgrade into Joomla 3 but at this moment my workload has this project low on the totem pole.

I thank you again for your help.

Doug

Last Edit: by [email protected].

[SOLVED] Failed Registrations after Confirmation and clicking on "Next Step" button 7 years 9 months ago #26144

Nathan,

Thank you again for the recommendation to upgrade to Joomla 2.5.28. Unfortunately upgrading to this version did not solve my problem.

Linked to in this post is a screencast (J-2-5-28_dtreg-2-8-18_2016-07-01_08-15.mov)
showing the process that I am going through.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byd6UCCtNRiXT1A2TnNCSEtZSHM

Attached to this post is a screenshot (J-2-5-28_2016-07-01_08-20.png) showing the version of Joomla that I am running.

Rendering Error in layout Attachment/Item: Property "protected" is not defined. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Attached to this post is a screenshot (dtreg-2-8-18_2016-07-01_08-20.png) showing the version of DT Register that I am running.

Rendering Error in layout Attachment/Item: Property "protected" is not defined. Please enable debug mode for more information.

I have gone through the "readme_dtregister_J25.txt" notes and followed the recommended steps.

Do you have any other recommendations?

If you do not, would it be possible for you to provide me with access to previous versions of DT Register so I can downgrade?

This could make it possible for me to (a) get things working again and (b) find out which version works and then compare the differences between the version that works and the latest version.

Doug
Attachments:

• Rendering Error in layout Attachment/Item: Property "protected" is not defined. Please enable debug mode for more information.

• Rendering Error in layout Attachment/Item: Property "protected" is not defined. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Last Edit: by [email protected].

[SOLVED] Failed Registrations after Confirmation and clicking on "Next Step" button 7 years 9 months ago #26145

Well it appears that I had skipped a step. I had forgotten to go through the process of EOL instructions from Joomla that you linked me to.

Thank you again for the help and everything is working as expected.

Doug

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.649 seconds