Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Simplify Registrarion Even More While Using Cart Option

Simplify Registrarion Even More While Using Cart Option 9 years 11 months ago #23115

• AlexR
  • AlexR's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Is it possible to simplify registering in situations where the Cart Option is enabled?

For example, I have a scenario where I have several free classes that repeat weekly where users typically sign up for multiple classes during one registration process.

The cart feature was an awesome addition to DT Register, however I am hoping there is some way to improve the user experience a bit more.

In the current scenario, the user has to be logged in, so the fields are pre-populated and synced with their Community Builder Profile.

Currently the user experience that they need to flow through are:
After selecting the first event (Single user only)
1) Got to: The Information page containing pre-populated fields (name, email, etc)
2) Next Step: Verify the previous page field items
3) Next Step: Go to Cart Summary
4) Next Step: Click to choose another event

After selecting the event, the whole 4 steps are repeated for each event!!

Ideally, after verifying the info once (Step 1), subsequent sign-ups should take you straight to the cart summary:

1) Verify field items upon selecting the first event
2) Got to summary Cart
3) Select another event
4) Go to Summary Cart
5) Select another event...
6) Check out

I realize this is probably most effective for single registrations only vs. group ones, but the whole idea of syncing to an existing user profile is to bypass having to fill anything in. Take it one step further ans skip the verification part

Hope this makes sense.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by AlexR.

Simplify Registrarion Even More While Using Cart Option 9 years 11 months ago #23119

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
First let me point out that the cart option does NOT require that users be logged in to have any field auto-population. Non-logged in users, when they click to go register for another event, will have fields auto-populate from the registration that is already in the cart.

Second, while we have this cart type feature, DT Register is NOT a shopping cart. Due to the highly customizable elements of each event and the fact that every event can potentially have a completely different set of fields, pricing, etc... we can not just setup this cart to allow registrants to simply throw events into a basket, applying one registration form to all of them.

While this would work for some sites, it would not for most. This is an EXTREMELY complex thing that has already been discussed in other forum threads. We are looking at some possible enhancements to allow this type of functionality, but it will require a large amount of work... work that we haven't had the available man hours to tackle yet. With the large amount of moving parts in this extension, something like this will require changes to many areas, including some structural changes. It may come in phases. How soon? No idea at this point.

Just know that we are aware that it is an area that can be improved... and know that it's more involved than one might think. We'll get to it as soon as we can... unless someone jumps in to pay for such customization work getting it on the table sooner than later. :)

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Simplify Registrarion Even More While Using Cart Option 9 years 11 months ago #23162

• AlexR
  • AlexR's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I do appreciate that DTRegister is a great many things to many people. Matter of fact, whenever I stray away from this extension to look for something simpler (especially dealing with free events) I find myself pulled back here since it is so customizable.

The cart was a wonderful add-on feature to make multiple signups in one session easier.

I was hoping the process of "skipping" the verify details page would be similar to how you developed the "detailed" vs. "simple group registration process."

If hiring for customization is a potential option, what are next steps?

Thanks. Appreciate the reply and great extension.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.705 seconds