Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: User fields in Profile Sync (COMMUNITY BUILDER)

User fields in Profile Sync (COMMUNITY BUILDER) 10 years 2 days ago #23100

• sanchitcctech
  • sanchitcctech's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I am not able to select 'name' field in Profile Sync (COMMUNITY BUILDER). This field is not present in 'Select a Field' list. Please see attachment.

Rendering Error in layout Attachment/Item: Property "protected" is not defined. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please let me know how could I get it. Also, it is possible to add custom fields which are linked to any other table?

Thanks
Attachments:

• Rendering Error in layout Attachment/Item: Property "protected" is not defined. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

User fields in Profile Sync (COMMUNITY BUILDER) 10 years 2 days ago #23101

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
That dropdown is pulling fields from DT Register to sync with. There is no 'name' field in DT Reg... as it uses 'firstname' and 'lastname' separately. We recommend setting the configuration of CB to use Firstname and Lastname separately also... then sync those with the DT Reg fields.

You can of course create custom fields in BOTH CB and DT Reg... then sync them for auto-population during event registration. For any fields you are syncing, be sure they are the same TYPE of field... and for selection fields, make sure they have the exact same options/values.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

User fields in Profile Sync (COMMUNITY BUILDER) 10 years 16 hours ago #23106

• sanchitcctech
  • sanchitcctech's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, I cannot use Firstname and Lastname as these fields in Joomla does not have any values because I use Virtuemart registrations.

So, I would like to anyhow do it for name field. As I am new to it, can you please let me know the steps for it. Is there any doc for it and to create custom fields in BOTH CB and DT Reg?

Please let me know. Thanks

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds